UFC 77: Hostile Territory

I'll buy it...but not crazy about it. I want to see if Vera has lost much since his layoff.

Also, on the Evans/Bisbing fight...word is Ortiz backed out of the fight. I read that insiders said if he lost that fight with Evans his big paydays and any chance of resigning with UFC would be over. He only has one fight left on his UFC contract so he wants it to either be a solid W or up against one of the top names. I have heard he backed out for injury...but there are contradicting stories that say he isnt injured.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll buy it...but not crazy about it. I want to see if Vera has lost much since his layoff.

Also, on the Evans/Bisbing fight...word is Ortiz backed out of the fight. I read that insiders said if he lost that fight with Evans his big paydays and any chance of resigning with UFC would be over. He only has one fight left on his UFC contract so he wants it to either be a solid W or up against one of the top names. I have heard he backed out for injury...but there are contradicting stories that say he isnt injured.

I moderately interested in the Sylvia/Vera fight.

The only reason I'm buying it is to see the main event. I hope it's a good one.

For Cincinnati fans it will be fun to see George Gurgel fight. He's Franklin's Jiu Jitsu trainer and runs a huge school in West Chester, OH (just north of Cincy). He won his last fight despite breaking his jaw in the 1st round. He's heavily touted out of these part.

Cannot wait to get there Saturday night.....that place will be rockin'. I think Rich somehow wins, and I'm betting Vera gets Sylvia to tap.

Me too, it's so nice to know people or else I wouldn't be going. Boss set something big up for this. Where's everyone sitting?

Me too, it's so nice to know people or else I wouldn't be going. Boss set something big up for this. Where's everyone sitting?

I'm in 231?? I haven't seen my ticket yet.....my buddies have it. Big party at Gameday prior to the event I believe.

I'm in 231?? I haven't seen my ticket yet.....my buddies have it. Big party at Gameday prior to the event I believe.

There is a Fight Club party at Gameday immediately following the weigh in on Friday night. The bar is not closed to the public, but I think they have a separate room for the FC party, and there is a good chance a few fighters will make an appearance. Also, Mickey's is hosting a party at Jefferson Hall on Friday night.

My shedule looks like this:

Friday

1:00 autograph signing for FC members (featuring Wandy Silva, Kenny Florian & Matt Hammill)

2:00 Q&A session for FC members (featuring Dana White & Keith Jardine)

4:00 Weigh in at US Bank Arena

6-7:00 FC party at Gameday

9:00ish Mickey's party at J-Hall

11:45 Joe Rogan show at the Funny Bone

Saturday

4:00ish Start the pre-party somewhere at the levee

7:00 doors open for UFC 77

I can't wait!

There is a Fight Club party at Gameday immediately following the weigh in on Friday night. The bar is not closed to the public, but I think they have a separate room for the FC party, and there is a good chance a few fighters will make an appearance. Also, Mickey's is hosting a party at Jefferson Hall on Friday night.

My shedule looks like this:

Friday

1:00 autograph signing for FC members (featuring Wandy Silva, Kenny Florian & Matt Hammill)

2:00 Q&A session for FC members (featuring Dana White & Keith Jardine)

4:00 Weigh in at US Bank Arena

6-7:00 FC party at Gameday

9:00ish Mickey's party at J-Hall

11:45 Joe Rogan show at the Funny Bone

Saturday

4:00ish Start the pre-party somewhere at the levee

7:00 doors open for UFC 77

I can't wait!

I think that a group of guys are starting at the Beer Sellar and then going over. I'm getting so pumped up.