Brett Favre

saint4

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10381105

Favre connects for TD pass No. 421 to break Marino mark

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brett Favre is No. 1 -- with a bullet.

Favre broke Dan Marino's record for career touchdown passes Sunday, zipping No. 421 to Greg Jennings in the first quarter of the game against the Minnesota Vikings.

He hit Jennings on a 16-yard slant for the score with 4:56 left in the quarter.

It's the latest, and possibly the most hallowed record claimed by the league's last true gunslinger. Two weeks ago, Favre broke John Elway's mark for career victories by a quarterback when he led the Packers to a 35-13 win over the New York Giants.

The soon-to-be 38-year-old also holds the marks for career completions and consecutive starts by a quarterback, which hit 241 Sunday, moving him past former Vikings center Mick Tingelhoff into second place on the list for all players.

Another milestone / record set by Farve :dancingpa. He is my all time favorite NFL player. Farve is an Old School football player. Definately not your cookie cutter pretty boy type QB.

Brett Farve is a competitor, he will do whatever it takes to win. He is all about "Team". Farve is deserving of any and all praise and recognition that he may get.

This years Green Bay team is the youngest team in the NFL. Farve has put them on his back and carried them to a 4-0 recored without much if any of a running game. He is amazing.

I would love to see the Packers make it to the Super Bowl and get another Championship for Farve, how special and fitting that would be:thumb:

(I don't think that will happen but with the way this guy has his Packers playing you never know ;))

Several things make this an impressive record in my eyes.

1.) He's had to play home games in December in Green Bay when the weather isn't always condusive for passing

2.) Other than Sterling Sharpe and maybe Antonio Freeman, he's never had a top flight receiver to throw to.

3.) Green Bay has had to play the Bears and Bucs twice a year -- teams known for the defense during the streak.

4.) Marino had no running game and played in a passing run and gun style offense. Favre has had running backs such as productive backs such as Dorsey Levins, Ahman Green, and Edgar Bennett that scored many touchdowns and took those away from Favre's passing totals.

5.) Did it while battling several demons in his life.

Glad to see Favre have and add to the record.

Several things make this an impressive record in my eyes.

1.) He's had to play home games in December in Green Bay when the weather isn't always condusive for passing

2.) Other than Sterling Sharpe and maybe Antonio Freeman, he's never had a top flight receiver to throw to.

3.) Green Bay has had to play the Bears and Bucs twice a year -- teams known for the defense during the streak.

4.) Marino had no running game and played in a passing run and gun style offense. Favre has had running backs such as productive backs such as Dorsey Levins, Ahman Green, and Edgar Bennett that scored many touchdowns and took those away from Favre's passing totals.

5.) Did it while battling several demons in his life.

Glad to see Favre have and add to the record.

:ylsuper::ylsuper:I agree with all points that you made here but I did not mention anything about what all he had battled personally. I am so glad that someone did.

Farve is class all the way and imo he carries himself with class away from the field as well. Very deserving............Congrats Brett Farve and ............GO PACKERS!!!

Brett Favre is an absolute class-act and he is down to Earth as one person can be. He has handled all of this in such a professional and honest manner. I have been a huge fan since I was a teenager and have followed his entire career. If not the best QB ever, a top 3 or 4, NO DOUBT!!!!

I would disagree w/an earlier statement that other than the wonderful Sterling Sharpe and Antonio Freeman he hasn't had a top flight receiver to throw to. Donald Driver over the course of the last 4 seasons is as good as any receiver in the NFL, look at his stats and they show the proof. I would also Bubba Franks in his prime was a pretty good TE!

Brett Favre is an absolute class-act and he is down to Earth as one person can be. He has handled all of this in such a professional and honest manner. I have been a huge fan since I was a teenager and have followed his entire career. If not the best QB ever, a top 3 or 4, NO DOUBT!!!!

:thumb::thumb:Great post TC! I agree, Favre is the definition of what a professional athlete should be. Favre is CLASS all the way as in the same way that Derek Jeter is to MLB.

The question now is where does Favre rank? I know some are going a little ga ga over all of this and labeling him as the greatest ever; I am not going that far.

I believe Brett falls just below the upper echilan of QBs... somewhere in the 7-12 range, maybe?