Raceland 34 Greenup Co. 10

Springsteen#1

#53 Yates our center lost for the season, L3 vertabrae broke, by a hit in the back, #25 Hannah torn ACL or possible meniscus tear, hate to see the ejections, official's, needed to get control of the game, but Rams were the better team on this night, Reed's 50 yd. field goal, was a beauty, as they say, theres always next year, Ipersonally, am emberassed, at the way our players handled themselves, and I for one apoligize to the Ram fans, that is not how we should conduct ourselves on a football field.

First and foremost, prayers go out from the Rambler household for the Yates kid. Great post Warrior and I was not there but if any apolgy is needed it is certainly not from you. I appreciate the class that you have just shown with this post. :ylsuper::ylsuper:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#53 Yates our center lost for the season, L3 vertabrae broke, by a hit in the back, #25 Hannah torn ACL or possible meniscus tear, hate to see the ejections, official's, needed to get control of the game, but Rams were the better team on this night, Reed's 50 yd. field goal, was a beauty, as they say, theres always next year, Ipersonally, am emberassed, at the way our players handled themselves, and I for one apoligize to the Ram fans, that is not how we should conduct ourselves on a football field.

I hate to hear about those injuries. May they become stronger men because of it.

I agree, no apology needed from you. However, kind of you. I hope Yates and Hannah have a speedy and complete recovery. On our part, I apologize for Dalton Terry, he deserved to be ejected. However, IMO Cody Chinn did not. I hate it that the game was overshadowed by the temper of a few players. Good luck to Greenup Co in the rest of the season.

I agree, no apology needed from you. However, kind of you. I hope Yates and Hannah have a speedy and complete recovery. On our part, I apologize for Dalton Terry, he deserved to be ejected. However, IMO Cody Chinn did not. I hate it that the game was overshadowed by the temper of a few players. Good luck to Greenup Co in the rest of the season.

Our players just need to be more diciplined and not retaliate, is hard to do sometimes but it will cost them and the team next week. They show that kind of dicipline and imo that is when they will really mature and make some noise.

This is still a young Raceland team and have to grow and learn in all areas, including these type incident. JMO and not slamming any kid or anyone personally.

Stay focused on the game and the task at hand.

:thumb: Great post Old Warrior. Prayers go out to the injured players and their families. I hope they have a full recovery.

Class act on your part to stand up and speak on behalf of GC. It takes two to tango so apologies from our crew also. As Oldrambler stated players must stay focused and can not react in these situations.

Sounds like there is a lack of discipline.

You are correct FBALL, but discipline begins in the home -- not on a football team.

http://www.parentworld.com/news.php?viewStory=1773

Discipline Begins at Home

Cynthia Lucas, a clinical psychologist in Nashville, says "The way a child is disciplined at home is important to make them receptive to authority figures. If the system is in place at home, then they will be more receptive to the same system in the classroom. They must understand that the ultimate decisions are made by adults."

In this age of communication, although parents have so much information and resources at their fingertips, the many conflicting "expert" opions can leave parents confused about their roles. Gloria DeGaetano writes in her book, Parenting Well in a Media Age ($18.95, Personhood Press), that the media has sent a "message to parents, reflected through the lens of the industry-generated culture that they are ridiculously up tight and stupid if they try to exercise any authority in relationship to their children. Unfortunately this attitude has been supported by many 'experts'." If there is confusion in the home about authority, it will be just the same when the children go to school.

Megan, an elementary school teacher in the Metro school system, says, "Discipline starts in the home. How can we do our job if parents don't follow through at home or back up the teacher? It is not just one child we are responsible for, but 20 others in the same classroom."

Lucas adds, "It is very stressful for a teacher who has several children in a classroom to handle several different kinds of discipline issues. We are very busy today and many parents expect schools to teach the basics of how to behave when those systems need to already be in place before children are even of school age. It helps everyone have a better experience (at school) when teachers aren't expected to teach basic behavior."

Kathy Lee, a mastered guidance counselor at Davidson Academy, agrees that the quality of learning that takes place can become compromised. She says, "It ties the teacher's hands. She spends so much time disciplining that she loses time devoted to teaching. It's not fair to the other children."

You are correct FBALL, but discipline begins in the home -- not on a football team.

http://www.parentworld.com/news.php?viewStory=1773

Discipline Begins at Home

Cynthia Lucas, a clinical psychologist in Nashville, says "The way a child is disciplined at home is important to make them receptive to authority figures. If the system is in place at home, then they will be more receptive to the same system in the classroom. They must understand that the ultimate decisions are made by adults."

In this age of communication, although parents have so much information and resources at their fingertips, the many conflicting "expert" opions can leave parents confused about their roles. Gloria DeGaetano writes in her book, Parenting Well in a Media Age ($18.95, Personhood Press), that the media has sent a "message to parents, reflected through the lens of the industry-generated culture that they are ridiculously up tight and stupid if they try to exercise any authority in relationship to their children. Unfortunately this attitude has been supported by many 'experts'." If there is confusion in the home about authority, it will be just the same when the children go to school.

Megan, an elementary school teacher in the Metro school system, says, "Discipline starts in the home. How can we do our job if parents don't follow through at home or back up the teacher? It is not just one child we are responsible for, but 20 others in the same classroom."

Lucas adds, "It is very stressful for a teacher who has several children in a classroom to handle several different kinds of discipline issues. We are very busy today and many parents expect schools to teach the basics of how to behave when those systems need to already be in place before children are even of school age. It helps everyone have a better experience (at school) when teachers aren't expected to teach basic behavior."

Kathy Lee, a mastered guidance counselor at Davidson Academy, agrees that the quality of learning that takes place can become compromised. She says, "It ties the teacher's hands. She spends so much time disciplining that she loses time devoted to teaching. It's not fair to the other children."

Ok, but who wants to read all of that, This is about Football and you might want to post that in the halls ways at Greenup.

Ok, but who wants to read all of that, This is about Football and you might want to post that in the halls ways at Greenup.

If the information given to me was correct -- Raceland had 2 individuals ejected from the game, as well.

If you don't have the patience to read an article about discipline in the home, then that is your choice. But, FBALL made a comment pertaining to discipline. Therefore, it applies to this situation as well as to football in general.

:thumb:

If the information given to me was correct -- Raceland had 2 individuals ejected from the game, as well.

If you don't have the patience to read an article about discipline in the home, then that is your choice. But, FBALL made a comment pertaining to discipline. Therefore, it applies to this situation as well as to football in general.