Smoking Ban complaints down, but many fines still unpaid

PepRock01

If no one forced bars and restaurants to ban smoking, no one would have on their own. Is that fair to me, as a non-smoker?

Don't go to bars. Or open your own bar. Are you mad when you go to a Chinese restaurant and they only sell Chinese? Do you demand, out of fairness, the government make them sell American cuisine to convenience you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to bars. Or open your own bar. Are you mad when you go to a Chinese restaurant and they only sell Chinese? Do you demand, out of fairness, the government make them sell American cuisine to convenience you?

I'm not really talking about bars. More restaurants than anything.

So should we not have any laws that protect us from ourselves or protect us from the poor decisions of others? Should there be no speed limits - they restrict my freedom to drive like I want to... Should all drugs be legal? If you don't like them, don't take them...

So should we not have any laws that protect us from ourselves or protect us from the poor decisions of others? Should there be no speed limits - they restrict my freedom to drive like I want to... Should all drugs be legal? If you don't like them, don't take them...

Should have known Plato could put it more eloquently than I.

No speed limits would be fine with Me...Yes all drugs should be legal...IMO...

No speed limits would be fine with Me...Yes all drugs should be legal...IMO...

Now we are making some progress. Later boys, I'm heading to Danville to hang out with AA. (He's a non-smoker so I'll be ok)

Apples and oranges. I can go 100 mph up my driveway (and through the back of my garage), if I want to. I can also build a track and allow people to race on that track at whatever speed they wish. There is no laws prohibiting either of those situations from a speeding standpoint. The highways, however, are public thoroughfares paid for and owned by tax payers, not private businesses. If the government wants to ban smoking in government facilities, they'll get no argument from me.

Note: I do not smoke. I also respect McDonalds' and Applebee's decision to ban smoking in their establishments, regardless of the local law. It's their business.