Lewis 'smug and condescending'

How can you enter a season, a season with aspirations of the Playoffs and beyond, with a line-backing corps of Landon Johnson, Ahmad Brooks, Rashard Jeanty, Caleb Miller and whomever else? That is a joke. When Jamal Lewis broke through the d-line he was 7 yards before contact -- ridiculous. As I said in July when I proclaimed them a 7-9 team, they have the worst line-backing corps in the NFL...hands down.

and the lack of defense from a supposed defensive guru is not a one game anamoly. It has been a consistent issue for most if not all of his reign.

Look where all of the money is...Geathers and Smith have a little bit, but consider what our fullback is making. No "defensive guru" is going to be able to work through this.

The last word, from the Lexington Herald-Leader today:

Still stunned by Cincinnati's 51-45 loss to the previously inept Browns on Sunday, Bengals defensive captain John Thornton summed up the prevailing attitude yesterday: "You don't expect that to happen. That's why it's so shocking."

:jump:

How can you enter a season, a season with aspirations of the Playoffs and beyond, with a line-backing corps of Landon Johnson, Ahmad Brooks, Rashard Jeanty, Caleb Miller and whomever else? That is a joke. When Jamal Lewis broke through the d-line he was 7 yards before contact -- ridiculous. As I said in July when I proclaimed them a 7-9 team, they have the worst line-backing corps in the NFL...hands down.

In a bit of defense to Marvin, put Odell and Pollack on this team and it makes a world of difference IMO. bUt I agree with everything else people are saying.

In a bit of defense to Marvin, put Odell and Pollack on this team and it makes a world of difference IMO. bUt I agree with everything else people are saying.

Fair point, however, he had a pretty good idea that Pollack wouldn't be around for this season and he himself had intimated that Odell wouldn't be back. Therefore, he had ample time to try and rectify the situation.

Fair point, however, he had a pretty good idea that Pollack wouldn't be around for this season and he himself had intimated that Odell wouldn't be back. Therefore, he had ample time to try and rectify the situation.

One of the issues with drafting Irons. I don't know what LBs were available at that time, But considering the situation, I wouldn't have thought backup RB was a top priority at that time.

:cool: :bunny: :cool:

He is in the conversation. :sssh: :p

I can live w/ him in the conversation, but 1 year at between $8-9M a year is a far cry from some of the worst baseball contracts. Pavano from the Yankees, and JD Drew from the Red Sox are pretty bad.