Bellevue 40 Paris 20

Final although it was 27-20 with Paris driving to midfield with 4:51 to go. Faced with 4th and long they punted and tried to rely on defense which didn't work out too well.

Bellevue scored with 2:02 to go on a 26 yard run and Paris couldn't field a squib kick-off all night long. Final TD tacked on with a minute to go. Paris threw another INT and Bellevue took a knee to end the end.

Who scored for the Tigers? Leading rusher?

Hatch and Buckler scored rushing TDs.

Paris has a lot of work to do. They only dress maybe 25 players and play maybe 15. Probable running clock against Lex. Christian next week.

Bellevue actually trailed 20-15 at one point but eventually Paris self-destructed mainly by not handling kick-offs.

Bellevue looked a lot better last week against Newport.

Hatch and Buckler scored rushing TDs.

Paris has a lot of work to do. They only dress maybe 25 players and play maybe 15. Probable running clock against Lex. Christian next week.

Bellevue actually trailed 20-15 at one point but eventually Paris self-destructed mainly by not handling kick-offs.

Bellevue looked a lot better last week against Newport.

Paris would run Newport out of Ky. with their speed. Of course they looked better last week. Paris had 20 pts at the half, but did nothing in the second. I though they played a terrific game.

Paris would run Newport out of Ky. with their speed. Of course they looked better last week. Paris had 20 pts at the half, but did nothing in the second. I though they played a terrific game.

They gave a good effort for as few players they have and didn't quit. But in a "terrific game" you would not continually fail to cover squib kicks, you wouldn't throw interceptions, you wouldn't have numerous penalties of just about every variety.

They gave a good effort for as few players they have and didn't quit. But in a "terrific game" you would not continually fail to cover squib kicks, you wouldn't throw interceptions, you wouldn't have numerous penalties of just about every variety.

And Bellevue had nothing to do with that?

Overall, great game by Bellvue. Their offense was much improved by running the ball all night, along with a nice passing game. The defense was good. They gave up a long run to start off the game and bounced back to slow the Paris running game down the rest of the game. Great win for the Tigers on the new field:thumb:

What about Buckler getting 33 lugs for over 200 yrds as a sophomore and undersized back. I think he also had 3 Td's total, 2 rushing and 1 receiving. This gives him 5 for the season. He seems to be their feature offensive player. Not to mention the other Sophomore RB Mike Hatch getting some carries and going over 100 yds.

One other caveat, both of these kids' Dads were very good football players for the Tigers in the early 80's. Rick Sr. a very good running back and Mike Sr. was a very good nose tackle.

I also gotta mention, I am not a big fan of the Bellevue uniforms. I wish they would go basic like Beechwood does and just put a Tiger or something on their helmet. The Michigan helmets just dont get it for me and the jerseys are somewhat busy.

And Bellevue had nothing to do with that?

Unless Bellevue was taking the hands of the Paris players and putting them on their facemasks (3 or 4 times) for 5 yard penalties, unless Bellevue asked them not to pick up squib kicks (not like Bellevue was hiding it since they did not tee the ball up), or if Bellevue somehow caused a delay of game and a false start on Paris that moved the ball from their own 8 to the 2 and resulted in a safety.

Oh and I almost forgot that Paris also got flagged for one running back throwing the other forward by the jersey.

Those are mistakes that don't happen in a terrific game.

Unless Bellevue was taking the hands of the Paris players and putting them on their facemasks (3 or 4 times) for 5 yard penalties, unless Bellevue asked them not to pick up squib kicks (not like Bellevue was hiding it since they did not tee the ball up), or if Bellevue somehow caused a delay of game and a false start on Paris that moved the ball from their own 8 to the 2 and resulted in a safety.

Oh and I almost forgot that Paris also got flagged for one running back throwing the other forward by the jersey.

Those are mistakes that don't happen in a terrific game.

Great point.:thumb: