HS Football Your Passion and Why

STRIKE3

Since HS Football is getting ready to start, let's here what your favorite part of High School football is.

Is it tradition of supporting your school or favorite team.

Watching your son play or daughter cheer.

Tailgating and talking with friends/teammates.

Working at the game...Tickets, Concessions, Chain Gang, Announcing.

A combination of several things.

Tell each other, what you love most about HS Football and why.

Since HS Football is getting ready to start, let's here what your favorite part of High School football is.

I think it's all the above. It gives us old warriors a chance to be around the game we love and relive those old days with our teammates and friends that are still around. Watching our sons or grandsons makes us feel young again if just for a few hours on Friday nights.

Being a teacher...I go to support my students .:ylsuper:

My love for h.s. football is a combination of a lot of different things. Mostly the ones that I have highlighted. Just before the team enters the field and you can hear tha "Click / Klack" of the cleats coming across the pavement send chills down me. I love h.s. sports, especially football. A person (around Raceland anyway) may not see one another all year untill football Friday nights. A standing joke around here is that it is a way that we can tell who is still alive every year - (if they show up every football season at the games -:lol: ) Being a student/alumni and fan of Raceland football since the late 60's I can tell you that football season is a special time at this place.

Good Luck to all High School Teams / Coaches / Players / Parents / Fans and all the ones that participate in other activities such as Band and Cheerleading as well. Stay safe an have a good year!!

I had the priveldge of being introduced to this great game about 40 years ago.

When some kids are born they are destined to be cross country runners, soccer, basketball or baseball players. I'm just thankful that when god made me he chose football.

To me Football is the greatest sport ever invented bar none. It would take hours to tell you how many of life's lessons I've learned from this little game I love but I'm sure most of you already know them.

Teamwork, Dedication, Discipline, Commitment, Hard Work, Sportsmanship, Humility, How to loose and how to win, and so on.

If when the season is over and each one of the graduating seniors carry those philosophies with them into life they can do nothing but succede.

I had the priveldge of being introduced to this great game about 40 years ago.

When some kids are born they are destined to be cross country runners, soccer, basketball or baseball players. I'm just thankful that when god made me he chose football.

To me Football is the greatest sport ever invented bar none. It would take hours to tell you how many of life's lessons I've learned from this little game I love but I'm sure most of you already know them.

Teamwork, Dedication, Discipline, Commitment, Hard Work, Sportsmanship, Humility, How to loose and how to win, and so on.

If when the season is over and each one of the graduating seniors carry those philosophies with them into life they can do nothing but succede.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Now how can I follow that one !:D

This is a great thread. Why is high school football so great?

I grew up with it in that my father was a coach. I remember some of his players as far back as when I was 3 years old. Friday nights were it for our family! After my high school career was over, I got away from it for a couple of years until my brother began playing high school football. Then, I got away for some years until my son played high school football.

It has been a big part of our families' life for over 40 years. I love it!

I can remember going to games since I started school back in the 60's. I remember going to Louisa High games playing schools like McKell and Catlettsburg. I remember one game the lights went out and fans went out and pulled their cars next to fence behind the home bleachers to see if it could light up the field. The lights came back on and game resumed once everyone had got back to the field from their cars.

I had a job several years that took me around the midwest during football season. Small towns in Kansas much like Louisa where I am from, football on friday nights is the same. Stores close early for games. I remember in Hays, Kansas that on opening night the high school was about 2 blocks from the football field. The High School marching Band marched their way down to the field with the football team behind them. 'Click, Clack' from the cleats matched the drum beats. The street painted with huge paw prints (Panthers was their nickname) with each name of the seniors on them. Fans stood on their feet and cheer as they walked into the stadium. I get chills thinking about it now.

So matter where you go, FOOTBALL FRIDAY NIGHT, is truly America's favorite pasttime.

Being younger and having an elder take you to the games, then growing up a little and playing in the games, and once the career ends going back and remembering the good times you always had.

Then having your son play all the way up and watching him play the last 4 yrs under the lights ! WOW , time flies by ! I love the game !!!:thumb: