Was there any type of official practice cancellation today and yesterday?

theguru

A local high school coach told me yesterday his AD told him the talked to the KHSAA and the KHSAA canceled all outdoor practices and scrimmages for 8-7 and 8-8. This rumor keeps circulating around Boone County and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Anyone?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Ernst' blog...

High school sports

Hot rumor ...

Rumor has it that Kentucky governor Ernie Fletcher has enacted some kind of temporary high school football practice mandate to deal with this week's heat surge. It ain't true.

Butch Cope, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association media relations director, just talked to the governor's press secretary. Both have been fielding calls about this issue today. Anyway, it's just a rumor, which apparently started somewhere in Northern Kentucky.

The KHSAA has pretty strict rules about checking the heat index during practice. Here's a complete list of all the policies.

A local high school coach told me yesterday his AD told him the talked to the KHSAA and the KHSAA canceled all outdoor practices and scrimmages for 8-7 and 8-8. This rumor keeps circulating around Boone County and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Anyone?

Belfry did not practice today but they NEVER do on WED> CHURCH night.I think they are doing 2 tomorrow EARLY......

From Ernst' blog...

High school sports

Hot rumor ...

Rumor has it that Kentucky governor Ernie Fletcher has enacted some kind of temporary high school football practice mandate to deal with this week's heat surge. It ain't true.

Butch Cope, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association media relations director, just talked to the governor's press secretary. Both have been fielding calls about this issue today. Anyway, it's just a rumor, which apparently started somewhere in Northern Kentucky.

The KHSAA has pretty strict rules about checking the heat index during practice. Here's a complete list of all the policies.

I believe the superintendent from Boone County was down in Frankfort at a conference and heard the rumor from the governor. He immediately called the coaches at Conner and Boone and got them off the field.

Anyone?

If you were in NKY and you were taking your readings like you are suppossed to today then you would likely not have had practice or would be restricted.

Once the temp equals 100 like today its pretty much a given.