Was there any type of official practice cancellation today and yesterday?

theguru

Nothing surprises me in Boone County. According to my coach he called his AD about the Governor rumor and the AD of this Boone County school called the KHSAA and reported back that the KHSAA told him it was not the Governor that canceled practice, it was the KHSAA. The point being the AD is full of it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the superintendent from Boone County was down in Frankfort at a conference and heard the rumor from the governor. He immediately called the coaches at Conner and Boone and got them off the field.

There was not, nor never has been in last many years, any statewide cancellation. It seems like the folks that cover the practices for some of those schools from a sports medicine standpoint, took a misconstrued rumor from a superintendent and then called all of the other trainers and had them cancel. No directive was ever issued this week from the Governor or the KHSAA about practices. Use the heat index system as written, prescribed and reminded by KHSAA last week via email to all of us, and that is excellent protection.

Simply put, this one was caused by a well-intentioned but overly involved trainer taking 2 and 2, adding it up, and getting 17. From what I hear, this over involvement may be extended to other sports now and causing issues. Some of the hottest places in this state right now are in gyms where the A/C isn't turned on (i.e. volleyball). Take the readings every thirty minutes as prescribed. Our folks insist on it, and it works.