Bellevue Vets existence in Jeopardy?

h.s.footballfan

Just recieved this email. It looks like state wants to modify 47-1/Ky 8. I grew up playing ball there, as im sure a lot of people from Nky did. It will be a sad day if this actually happens.

"The I-471/KY-8 “Interchange Modification Project” is entering its final stages. Out of the 13 final scenarios, 12 of them impact the Vets.

2 of them impact the Vets to the point that they jeopardize our very existence.

One of the consulting engineers on the project, when told that his plans might take

two of our ballfields was quoted as saying, "well, they're only

ballfields.""

http://www.bellevuevets.com/

This was brought up on here before. But I will do anything, anything at all to make sure this doesn't happen.

I don't know what my life would be like if it wasn't for the Bellevue Vets fields. I literally grew up there. Started at age 4 and played for the Vets, whether in leagues or for the Vets Knothole teams until I was 16.

I'm all for development and understand the need for these new changes, but there has to be another way.

Move The Party Source, Save the Vets!

30 years ago, my grandparents lost a barn and house to I-275. Both were over 100 years old. The barn was a rarity in that between it's age and the uniqueness of exits on two floors at ground level. Parts of the house were still in original pre-civil war condition.

However, public convenience is more important to historical value. :rolleyes:

30 years ago, my grandparents lost a barn and house to I-275. Both were over 100 years old. The barn was a rarity in that between it's age and the uniqueness of exits on two floors at ground level. Parts of the house were still in original pre-civil war condition.

However, public convenience is more important to historical value. :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about the history of the place, im thinking of the future and my kids playing there some day. The Bellevue Vets are a GREAT organization and to see it moved from it's current location would be a crime to this city.

My last post came off a little insensitive, I didn't mean to poo poo on the loss of you family, just that it is not as if this place has seen its better days.

The Vets is the home to many many youth sports teams. And one would assume it will for decades to come if left alone.

I couldn't care less about the history of the place, im thinking of the future and my kids playing there some day. The Bellevue Vets are a GREAT organization and to see it moved from it's current location would be a crime to this city.
Historical value really wasn't the word that I was looking for. I was trying to express that some things, like the Bellevue Vets, are more important than getting to our next destination quicker.

This was brought up on here before. But I will do anything, anything at all to make sure this doesn't happen.

I don't know what my life would be like if it wasn't for the Bellevue Vets fields. I literally grew up there. Started at age 4 and played for the Vets, whether in leagues or for the Vets Knothole teams until I was 16.

I'm all for development and understand the need for these new changes, but there has to be another way.

Move The Party Source, Save the Vets!

Don't dare touch my Party Source... while I may have spent many a quality time at the Vets ballfields w/ my boys... I have certainly enjoyed the refreshments more at the Party Source to help me get through the weekends.:D

Don't dare touch my Party Source... while I may have spent many a quality time at the Vets ballfields w/ my boys... I have certainly enjoyed the refreshments more at the Party Source to help me get through the weekends.:D
It can be moved much easier than the ballfields, there's a new Krogers going in in Newport, move the Party Source over to the Krogers.

It can be moved much easier than the ballfields, there's a new Krogers going in in Newport, move the Party Source over to the Krogers.

Even though it makes sense to move Party Source before touching the Vets, it probably won't happen. The owner of that particular Party Source actually owns the land that it is on. It's also one of the top liquor stores in the nation in terms of sales. I would think it would be mucher harder to pull the rug out from Party Source than the Vets ball fields. Personally, I'd rather see the Party Source moved instead of the Vets as I've played ball there before, and I know what it means to the community.

Even though it makes sense to move Party Source before touching the Vets, it probably won't happen. The owner of that particular Party Source actually owns the land that it is on. It's also one of the top liquor stores in the nation in terms of sales. I would think it would be mucher harder to pull the rug out from Party Source than the Vets ball fields. Personally, I'd rather see the Party Source moved instead of the Vets as I've played ball there before, and I know what it means to the community.
The Vets owns there land as well.

There HAS to be a way of doing this without losing either.

I grew up in Bellevue and played 9 yrs of baseball down there and have many fond memories. The coaches I had as a kid I still see around town and we still talk about the All star games and other big games. This would be very sad to see those fields turn into concrete. I am sure the members will put up a fight but I certainly hope the almight dollar doesnt do the talking here.