Best Offense In NKY?

You are either a hater OR do not know what you speak of .Do a little research b-4 you speak of another school .You obviously are a Dixie fan .

A qoute from 1 Beechwood coach who has been there alot of years

" This is probably THE BEST team Beechwood has EVER had "

Time will tell .

Really? To that I say so what, a coach believes in his team. I don't think it out of the realm for anybody, including myself a huge Dixie fan to believe they might have the best offense in NKY going into the season. Our QB is a three year starter, our RB is a three starter, we have numerous returning WR including Detmer another 3 year starter not to mention our team is laden with 30 returning seniors.

While Beechwood is a very good team, offensively Dixie is capable of out performing anyone in NKY and they have the offense system to do it. Only time will tell who is right and wrong, but to chastise someone merely because they don't give the answer you want is ludicrous.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? To that I say so what, a coach believes in his team. I don't think it out of the realm for anybody, including myself a huge Dixie fan to believe they might have the best offense in NKY going into the season. Our QB is a three year starter, our RB is a three starter, we have numerous returning WR including Detmer another 3 year starter not to mention our team is laden with 30 returning seniors.

While Beechwood is a very good team, offensively Dixie is capable of out performing anyone in NKY and they have the offense system to do it. Only time will tell who is right and wrong, but to chastise someone merely because they don't give the answer you want is ludicrous.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Have gone to camps of Dixie, Cov Cath, and Beechwood this summer. Although it is just run throughs at this point, I have to give the nod to the Tigers. There conditioning, is far superior to the other two, Cov Cath will catch up and Dixie as usual will not hit there game speed untill 4-6 games into the season. Thank the coach for that, light drills and no 2 a days will make for long second halves early on. As far as size goes again Beechwood, the O and D lines are monsters! I think coach Rash is being generous with his posted weights and they run with the lbackers. Cov Caths Brent Buckley is the cream! He will win games for the Colonels, lots of them. Saw Dixie in the inner school O Drills, looked ok, no RBs so hard to tell. Thought QB made some bad throwing errors, complete, but he wont get away with it in there division routes looked crisp.

Good luck to all the boys!

First of all ,I did not chastise anyone .Second ,I made no statement saying Dixie was not or will not be a very good team this year .They may have the best offense in the country for all I know .Therefore I made no statement how well they will do .I do not know how many of anything they have .

I was referring to his ( not yours )comment about Beechwood not having as good of a offense as in the past .I simply relayed a qoute from a coach .

While I agree with you about a coach speaking highly of his team ,he should .This coach was very clear ,not saying will be good ,but saying this COULD BE THE BEST "AT BEECHWOOD",which would make it a very good one .

Before you say we'll see when they play this year ,Dixie should beat Beechwood .They are a 5A or 6A school ( forgot which ,big no matter) and Beechwood is a 1A school .

Have a nice day and best of luck and health to the Colonels this year .I hope some school from every class brings home the state title this year and every year .

First of all ,I did not chastise anyone .Second ,I made no statement saying Dixie was not or will not be a very good team this year .They may have the best offense in the country for all I know .Therefore I made no statement how well they will do .I do not know how many of anything they have .

I was referring to his ( not yours )comment about Beechwood not having as good of a offense as in the past .I simply relayed a qoute from a coach .

While I agree with you about a coach speaking highly of his team ,he should .This coach was very clear ,not saying will be good ,but saying this COULD BE THE BEST "AT BEECHWOOD",which would make it a very good one .

Before you say we'll see when they play this year ,Dixie should beat Beechwood .They are a 5A or 6A school ( forgot which ,big no matter) and Beechwood is a 1A school .

Have a nice day and best of luck and health to the Colonels this year .I hope some school from every class brings home the state title this year and every year .

Calm down, he wasn't saying that you said anything bad about Dixie. He just meant that as a fan of Dixie he should think that they have a shot at having the best offense, just like you a fan of Beechwood thinks they do.

Personally I'd say it'll be between Beechwood, Dixie, CCH, and Highlands. The thing is that there really won't be a clear cut winner in this debate because of the schedules each team plays, we in some games will see them playing against great defenses and in others we will on see the O on the field for a half.

It always amazes me to see how everyone knows what the other person is trying to say. I don't think the person posting knows what they mean half the time.

True,:D and NKYSL was pretty close to what I was getting at. I have no doubt that Beechwoods O will be good, they almost always are. And whereas the original poster and I may have different views of the Tigers offense this season, what he said about my Colonels is dead on. They should be one of, if not the top offensive teams in NKY this season.

BTW - I had a nice day hiking thru Red River Gorge today so thanks. :D

Have gone to camps of Dixie, Cov Cath, and Beechwood this summer. Although it is just run throughs at this point, I have to give the nod to the Tigers. There conditioning, is far superior to the other two, Cov Cath will catch up and Dixie as usual will not hit there game speed untill 4-6 games into the season. Thank the coach for that, light drills and no 2 a days will make for long second halves early on. As far as size goes again Beechwood, the O and D lines are monsters! I think coach Rash is being generous with his posted weights and they run with the lbackers. Cov Caths Brent Buckley is the cream! He will win games for the Colonels, lots of them. Saw Dixie in the inner school O Drills, looked ok, no RBs so hard to tell. Thought QB made some bad throwing errors, complete, but he wont get away with it in there division routes looked crisp.

Good luck to all the boys!

What about CCH's passing game?? I havnt heard much about it. I dont think they have a set QB yet, but dont they have some good WR's?? I could see that passing game explode this season, if there line gives the QB time.

What about CCH's passing game?? I havnt heard much about it. I dont think they have a set QB yet, but dont they have some good WR's?? I could see that passing game explode this season, if there line gives the QB time.

CCH is made up of very talented well disciplined players, but right now they are going thru a transition period and as far as I know, have not totally settled on their QB just yet. Add to that a new HC and a new system on offense and I think it will be a while before the CCH O finds its .

You are probably right, w/the top QB coming back and the top returning RB(IMO), not to mention maybe the biggest OL in NKY, they won't be as good as they usually are! Only time will tell.

Biggest OL coming back in NKY ? How big are they ? I think Dixie's is smallish . No size at all or speed . I wish we had some size that B-Wood has or even the Birds !:D

You are either a hater OR do not know what you speak of .Do a little research b-4 you speak of another school .You obviously are a Dixie fan .

Time will tell .

All I have to say to this , is welcome to DIXIE ! We'll see !:flame:

Once again I say so what he thinks that this COULD BE THE BEST "AT BEECHWOOD". Dale says the same thing every year too, and I don't believe him either. What I do believe is that a team like Beechwood, with quality returing players such as they have will be very good. BEST EVER? I doubt it, but I could be wrong. They have an excellent program, but keep in mind that BWood has had some pretty awesome teams in the past. Topping a few of those will take more than a single season IMO.

As for your last point that Dixie should beat Beechwood, I would not be surprised either way at the outcome. Everyone knows that historically Dixie is a slow starter, and as much as I want it to be other wise, I won't change my opinion on that untill the team gives me a reason. The smart money is on Beechwood if you ask me.

Time will tell .

Just curious, but which quote was before which? As I'm assuming that he said both statements at seperate times?

If he said "probably" and then "could be" it would imply that he had experienced a certain lack of confidence that downgraded his opinion.

If on the other hand he said "could be" and then later followed that up with "probably" then I would think we could infer that his original assesment required modification due to the enormous strides the team was making.

You've made it quite clear by your post's that you have a great deal of insight into the inner workings in Ft. Mitchell so this small clarification should be no problem. After all, no one would quote someone to bolster their argument and not actually repeat word for word what was said.:D

:D BTW - As I said before I just got back from the Gorge so if you were thinking of telling me to take a hike I just did.:laugh:

It always amazes me to see how everyone knows what the other person is trying to say. I don't think the person posting knows what they mean half the time.

Oh well just ask me if you need something cleared up for ya, I always know what the other person is trying to say:D . Actually, this one wasn't too hard if you just read the comment, but if your still having trouble just let me know:thumb: .

Glad I could give you guys something to do .Sorry if I mixed words .There was only 1 conversation with this man .Probably and could be are about the same as I see it .I was under the influence if you will when I posted .

To be the best at Beechwood ever I can not say ,I know little other than they have some state championships .I do not know how good those teams are .

I do not even have a dog in this fight .I simply had 1 conversation with this coach and thought I would pass it along .He said they had alot of players coming back and I think he thought they would be very good by his comments .Once again sorry if I mixed a couple words up .

Have a great season and best of luck to all of these young men .