Religion and Politics poll

Who are you?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you?

• I am a Catholic that is most likely to vote Democrat.
    • I am a Catholic that is most likely to vote Republican.
    • I am a Protestant that is most likely to vote Democrat.
    • I am a Protestant that is most likely to vote Republican.
    • I practice a non-Christian faith and am most likely to vote Democrat.
    • I practice a non-Christian faith and am most likely to vote Republican.
    • I do not follow any religion and am most likely to vote Democrat.
    • I do not follow any religion and am most likely to vote Republican.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a protestant that votes for whoever I feel is the best person for the job. I have very seldom voted a straight ticket although I must say that with the more invasion of the flaming liberals that seemed to have taken over what once was the democratic party it has gotten hard for me to vote that way. I do not think that all republicans are all Christians, I know that God is not spelled G.O.P. I also know that not all democrats are doomed to burn for eternity. There are good, solid Christians that are members of both parties. It has been said by some that you cannot legislate morality. That may be true but imo a person does not have to vote for "no" morality. I cannot tell you who I will vote for right now(and probably wouldn't anyway ) bc I obviously do not know who will be running.

I can promise that I will NOT vote for Hillary Clinton. That for now is the only thing that I am sure of.

And my new goal in life is to get oldrambler to admit that he secretly likes Hillary and is just trying to throw us all off:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since when did Baptists cease being classified as Protestants?

We have been inaccurately classified as protestants by men. True Baptists are not protestants because we never defected, broke away, or came out of the catholic church. We have been named many things throughout history mostly by our enemies, Ana-baptists, Waldenses, Paulitians, Donatists, etc. but we trace our beginnings back to Christ's personal ministry. (We did not start at Penecost) But this is all for another thread. Suffice it to say that I am not a protestant.;)

We have been inaccurately classified as protestants by men. True Baptists are not protestants because we never defected, broke away, or came out of the catholic church. We have been named many things throughout history mostly by our enemies, Ana-baptists, Waldenses, Paulitians, Donatists, etc. but we trace our beginnings back to Christ's personal ministry. (We did not start at Penecost) But this is all for another thread. Suffice it to say that I am not a protestant.;)

Go ahead and start the other thread. It would be entertaining. I do not subscribe to your "Lanmarkist" view of our history. I fall in line with Dr. Mohler, who advocates that Baptists are strict 5-point Calvinists.

When I go to church (it's been quite a while), I attend Protestant churches. I was raised a Baptist and most of my family are Baptist. However, when I do attend church it is usually the Methodist.

I usually vote Republican...always in national races and most the time in state races. However, I will vote Democratic if the person is what I'm looking for in a leader and representative.

In local races I don't think the party really matters. I wish all local elections were non-partisan primaries with a runoff in the November General Election.

In my county I don't think many voters are really concerned about what party is on the local ballot. The county is over 80% Republican, but both the county judge executive and the sheriff are democrats.

As far as the Baptist not being a Protestant church, well, that's a new one on me. I always thought any Christian faith that is not Catholic was considered Protestant....or, part of the "protest" against the Catholic Church which was started by ol Martin himself in Germany many years ago

And my new goal in life is to get oldrambler to admit that he secretly likes Hillary and is just trying to throw us all off:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love her every bit as much as I love Rosie O'Donnell, in other words it ain't gonna happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love her every bit as much as I love Rosie O'Donnell, in other words it ain't gonna happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never say never - it just might come back and give you a big bite - kinda like when I (:eek: :eek: ) actually voted for Reagan:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Boy that was a hard confession to make:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

Things we can take from this poll that are probably wrong.

2 out of 3 Catholics vote republican.

4 out of 5 Protestants vote republican.

Atheists/Agnostics are split evenly between parties.

3 out of 4 BGPers vote Republican.

1/3 of BGP is Catholic.

Nice. What can we take from this poll that is probably right?
It might be safe to say that Protestants are more likely than Catholics to vote Republican. Likewise, Catholics are more likely to vote Republican than non-Christians. The second statement might be a stretch.

There was an interesting article in this week's Time magazine about the Democrat Party's new found religion.