Roger Clemens = Cheater???

Do you think Clemens on Steriods?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Clemens on Steriods?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Bonds? Sammy Sosa? I realize he is a little older but they don't have MAJOR injuries.

Sosa was hurt for a month for a sneeze and just last year Bonds played under 30 games because his knee, not a major injury.

I'll agree and I know of whom Firebird is speaking of but I'll say at the time, I don't think Clemens had the conditioning program then with the BlueJays, he does now.

Your point regarding NL, is 100% solid in my book, as it's one less quality batter to face. With that said, he's also been known as a power pitcher but developed a sinker, second to none, which helps him stay in games and induces GB's. If being good was easy, many would still be in the game and be pitching, into their 40's.

I may be discussing a moot point, but I don't see Clemens taking illegal enhancements....just my opinion. He's won 350 games and I can name more pitchers, who will never reach that total, than I can who will ever achieve it. He's worthy of some benefit of the doubt.

I'll equate Clemens to Gary Player and his fitness routine....He's extended his career and changed his approach, toward pitching and conditioning.

I guess I should clarify something. I was in no means trying to imply that I thought that Clemens was guilty of taking any form of emhancements of any kind and by no means am I trying to discredit his dedication to the game and his physical conditioning. Clemens is one of my all time favorite players and is one of the greatest ambassadors for baseball that the game has ever seen. I was just meaning to say that the friend that I know that played with Clemens just indicated to me that as of the time that he played with Clemens he thought that his workout routine was not any more advanced than what he and the rest of the pitchers on the staff went through. Whether or not Clemens changed anything or not (post Blue Jays) I have no idea of. Sometimes however God does delay what Father Times has a way of destroying a few years later than what some of us are afforded. Sometimes genetics are responsible for what some of us are allowed to physically enjoy as well.

Actually STRIKE3 I guess I have two friends that pitched in the Blue Jays organization. One is the local guy that we both know very well and another that resides in Huntington. I think that you may have talked to him in the past as well. But I think that only one played at that time with Clemens.

Look at Clemens' legs, they are tree trunks and I believe he gets the majority of his velocity from his legs which in turn should releive a lot of stress on the rotator cuff/arm. Not an expert but I think the fact that he has very strong legs and a great work ethic as well as determination this has led to his long career.

Look at Clemens' legs, they are tree trunks and I believe he gets the majority of his velocity from his legs which in turn should releive a lot of stress on the rotator cuff/arm. Not an expert but I think the fact that he has very strong legs and a great work ethic as well as determination this has led to his long career.

:thumb: :thumb: Very good post, Clemens has said the same thing. A pitchers power and form comes from the legs imo.

By the way, although the Yankees lost, the rocket had another very good outing yesterday. 8in. pitched, 1 er, 5 hits.