Clemens Out of the Pen???

^ You heard that out of this Yankee fan when it was a 5 1/2 game lead in April! I don't think I or any other Yankee fan have said it is early anytime lately. I know that I said that the Cry Sox would imo win the division after they got out to a big lead bc I don't see any prolonged losing streaks the rest of this season with their pitching depth. I said that the Yankees are realistically shooting for the WC.

I do understand you having fun with this though, the Cry Sox have had so few chances to gloat through the years thast they have not learned how to handle it.............:D

^ You heard that out of this Yankee fan when it was a 5 1/2 game lead in April! I don't think I or any other Yankee fan have said it is early anytime lately. I know that I said that the Cry Sox would imo win the division after they got out to a big lead bc I don't see any prolonged losing streaks the rest of this season with their pitching depth. I said that the Yankees are realistically shooting for the WC.

I do understand you having fun with this though, the Cry Sox have had so few chances to gloat through the years thast they have not learned how to handle it.............:D

It's a lot of fun and I plan to enjoy it but as far as the past, it is just that...the past. Yankees fans may not want like it or even want to believe it but the fact is this: Since John Henry, Larry Lucchino and Theo Epstein took over the Red Sox before the 2003 season the Red Sox have been every bit the Yankees equal.......and they won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Call them the Cry Sox or polish your old World Series trophies but get used to looking up at Boston in the standings. At this point in time the Red Sox are a much better run organization than the Yankees.

The Yankees used Roger Clemens out of the bullpen today according to MLB Gameday. Are the Yankees getting desperate?

Absolutely not. Clemens left the game early in his last start and this game went extra innings. It was a great way for him to get some work in.

:thumb: Well said Oldrambler. and very true.

It's a lot of fun and I plan to enjoy it but as far as the past, it is just that...the past. Yankees fans may not want like it or even want to believe it but the fact is this: Since John Henry, Larry Lucchino and Theo Epstein took over the Red Sox before the 2003 season the Red Sox have been every bit the Yankees equal.......and they won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Call them the Cry Sox or polish your old World Series trophies but get used to looking up at Boston in the standings. At this point in time the Red Sox are a much better run organization than the Yankees.

This Yankee fan is not worried about a Red Sox dynasty at all. Win 21 more WS titles and then we may talk about it. Enjoy away while it last. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lol:

^^^^^^^^^Yeah that lineup with Melky Cabrera and and Miguel Cairo hitting out of the 1 and 2 slots has got the rest of the league quaking in their cleats........Seriously their lineup today included Cabrera, Cairo, Kevin Thompson and Will Nieves. The pitchers that pitched ended up the game with ERAs of 4.98 (Mussina), 1.98 (Bruney), 5.35 (Vizcaino), 5.09 (Clemens), 5.16 (Farnsworth), and 5.25 (Villone). Outside of Wang who has 7 they have no pitcher with more than 4 wins. However, they do have 5 pitchers with at least 32 appearances so there is at least a 22% chance that one of their relievers arms will actually detach itself from his body at some point in the 2nd half. They currently sit at 36-37 in 3rd place in the AL East 11 1/2 games behind the Red Sox and 6 1/2 games out of the Wild Card behind 5 teams. Ladies and Gentleman this is a somewhere in the neighborhood of a quarter billion dollar payroll at work!

This Yankee fan is not worried about a Red Sox dynasty at all. Win 21 more WS titles and then we may talk about it. Enjoy away while it last. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lol:

Like I said, enjoy polishing those old trophies and dusting off the monuments in center field because with the current ownership/management in place the Red Sox aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You Yankees fans love to live in the past. One day you'll wake up and realize that those trophies and history don't scare anyone anymore--it is a new day in baseball and has been for the last 7 years--get used to it.