Narron's Crazy Lineups

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2007/05/15/sports/465caproni.txt

Here's a local columnist's take on the manager and his lineups. Note his projected lineup near the end of the article.

Pretty funny lineup. However, he lost all credibility when he suggested hiring Frank Robinson. Hire a manager that has an overall record of 1065-1176 and has never won a division let alone a Pennant? He's managed 4 different franchises and has a losing record with all 4--he's not the answer. Actually with the roster the Reds currently have its all a matter of whether they lose 100 games or 90, the manager won't make any difference on whether they contend--just how bad they stink.

Seems to me that the person(s) responsible for putting together such a mess should be the one to face the music.

The "mess" is an upgrade over the 80 win team last year minus the failure in the Pen. I really think people just gloss over how bad the development of pitchers was under the previous two GM's. Add in that getting Pen relief is almost non-existent in today's baseball world, and you get a group thrown together with the HOPE we don't get what we have seen. Rebuilding a franchise from top to bottom takes more than 15 months. Plain and simple. But fans will overreact, people will be cut or fired. And we start from ground zero once again...

The "mess" is an upgrade over the 80 win team last year minus the failure in the Pen. I really think people just gloss over how bad the development of pitchers was under the previous two GM's. Add in that getting Pen relief is almost non-existent in today's baseball world, and you get a group thrown together with the HOPE we don't get what we have seen. Rebuilding a franchise from top to bottom takes more than 15 months. Plain and simple. But fans will overreact, people will be cut or fired. And we start from ground zero once again...

If they win less than 80 this year, and no counting grapefruit wins, then this team as whole is not an upgrade over last year. BTW no way this team gets close to 80 wins. The two previous GMs werent the one that gave Todd "I should have only been here for a cup of" Coffey a raise and contract extension. I think the rebuilding time for the Reds is 3-5 years. Thats with top notch upper level management, which Mr. Castilini has yet to find.

If they win less than 80 this year, and no counting grapefruit wins, then this team as whole is not an upgrade over last year. BTW no way this team gets close to 80 wins. The two previous GMs werent the one that gave Todd "I should have only been here for a cup of" Coffey a raise and contract extension. I think the rebuilding time for the Reds is 3-5 years. Thats with top notch upper level management, which Mr. Castilini has yet to find.

The more you blast Krivsky, the less I respect your baseball knowledge. Just saying...

The more you blast Krivsky, the less I respect your baseball knowledge. Just saying...

Actually my knowledge of todays game is not very deep. I couldn't tell you much about Krivsky, other than what we are seeing now. I like some moves he has made, but you're gonna have to explain the Coffey deal to me. I don't quite get that one. I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but there was a day in which you could say there was progression. Is that today for the Reds??