Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The non-D1ers

Featured Replies

No way. Cody is a good player but not good enought to play at Georgetown. They are one of the best NAIA programs in the nation year in and year out. He will play college basketball somewhere but not at Georgetown.

 

 

Hard to believe that another 8th region team could get a kid into a nice program like Gtown? Guess all the talent wasn't at SK afterall.

 

Good luck to Cody!!

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew he would go somewhere bigger than Transylvania.:thumb:

I may be wrong but I think the article in the newspaper about Jordan signing said this school was NAIA, which would make it smaller than Transy I think.

I think North Greenville is in the same division as GTown College, Cumberlands, etc...NAIA D-I. I could be wrong though.

Hard to believe that another 8th region team could get a kid into a nice program like Gtown? Guess all the talent wasn't at SK afterall.

 

Good luck to Cody!!

 

And i can guarantee he is walking on and like he said he is playing JV. Yes that is something to be proud of but 3 of top 4 players in the region besides daniel neeley played for sk hands down. Hester is not going to GTown because his ACT score was not high enough because the school he wanted to go to from the beginning because he had a full ride.

I think North Greenville is in the same division as GTown College, Cumberlands, etc...NAIA D-I. I could be wrong though.

Well which would be consisdered larger NCAA Div. 3 (Transy) or NAIA Div. 1 teams? I don't know how the divisions are made. IMO if Hammonds were quicker he could be a NCAA lower D1 type player.

NAIA DI is bigger, D3 is bigger than NAIA DII. But I gues its really according who you ask. The reason why I'm saying this is because NAIA DI can offer full scholarships on athletic ability while NCAA DIII don't offer athletic scholarships but can get you finincial aid other ways. Some DIII schools will go out of their way to get you as much aid as possible though. Alot of the higher level NAIA DI Schools can compete with most NCAA DI programs.

 

heres the way I see it:

1.NCAA DI(UK,Murry State, U of L)

 

2a.NCAA DII(KY Weslyan, KY State, Bellermine, No. Ky)

2b.NAIA DI(GTown, Cumberlands, Lindsy Wilson,North Greenville)

 

3.NCAA DIII(Thomas More, Transy, Centre, Mt. St Joseph)

 

4.NAIA DII(Alice Lloyd, Union, UVA Wise, Berea)

 

5.NCCAA DI(Asbury, Mt Vernon, Mid Contenent)

 

6.NCCAA DII(Ky Christian, Ohio Christian, Cincy Christian,Appalachian Bible)

I may be wrong but I think the article in the newspaper about Jordan signing said this school was NAIA, which would make it smaller than Transy I think.

 

Tyler Mains of Pendleton Co. signed a year ago to play basketball for North Greenville and it is NCAA Division II not NAIA, within the next year or two they are considering going DI. Congratulations to the Hammonds kid.

And i can guarantee he is walking on and like he said he is playing JV. Yes that is something to be proud of but 3 of top 4 players in the region besides daniel neeley played for sk hands down. Hester is not going to GTown because his ACT score was not high enough because the school he wanted to go to from the beginning because he had a full ride.

 

 

'Originally Posted by Italian Stallion

No way. Cody is a good player but not good enought to play at Georgetown. They are one of the best NAIA programs in the nation year in and year out. He will play college basketball somewhere but not at Georgetown.'

 

Your quote, which I pasted in this message is judgmental in my opinion.

There were many good players in the 8th region this past year. SK had a few of them. Gallatin had a few, Owen one, Walton one, Shelby had a few, Oldham Co had a few. Throw them all together and they would make a pretty good team that would rival any other region's all star team.

 

That said, CP at Gallatin earned his way there the same as all the others. Walk on or not... at least he made it and they are paying for his education.

'Originally Posted by Italian Stallion

No way. Cody is a good player but not good enought to play at Georgetown. They are one of the best NAIA programs in the nation year in and year out. He will play college basketball somewhere but not at Georgetown.'

 

Your quote, which I pasted in this message is judgmental in my opinion.

There were many good players in the 8th region this past year. SK had a few of them. Gallatin had a few, Owen one, Walton one, Shelby had a few, Oldham Co had a few. Throw them all together and they would make a pretty good team that would rival any other region's all star team.

 

That said, CP at Gallatin earned his way there the same as all the others. Walk on or not... at least he made it and they are paying for his education.

I agree completly but for some reason there are people out there that think there are no good teams in the 8th. I do love how people think that the only good team is SK but they have failed to make it out of the 8th the past two years they where here. Not to mention this is arguably one of there best teams ever. You go figure it out.:thumb:

I agree completly but for some reason there are people out there that think there are no good teams in the 8th. I do love how people think that the only good team is SK but they have failed to make it out of the 8th the past two years they where here. Not to mention this is arguably one of there best teams ever. You go figure it out.:thumb:

If they think this they should make a trip to Eastern Kentucky and watch some of the teams from the 15th region play. Its basically gone down to nothing in the last 2-3 years. I can remember when the 15th was one of the more dominant regions in the state with those great Paintsville teams. Allen Central had a team in 94' I believe that could have eaisly won the state as well.

I agree completly but for some reason there are people out there that think there are no good teams in the 8th. I do love how people think that the only good team is SK but they have failed to make it out of the 8th the past two years they where here. Not to mention this is arguably one of there best teams ever. You go figure it out.:thumb:

 

I totally agree. There are those out there (and they know who they are) who think that since Scott County left the 8th, that there is nothing left. Not to take anything away from SK. They had a very nice team this year. There are 16 teams in this region. I believe it's all in being prepared. Would you have thought that Gallatin beat Shelby in the 8th region this past year?? Most wouldn't have given them a chance. They stepped up and got the job done.

 

So for Italian Stallion, I would ask, how many times did you see Cody play?? He's not 6'8 like Hurd and he's not a Mike Hester or a Daniel Neeley, but the kid can flat out play.

I agree completly but for some reason there are people out there that think there are no good teams in the 8th. I do love how people think that the only good team is SK but they have failed to make it out of the 8th the past two years they where here. Not to mention this is arguably one of there best teams ever. You go figure it out.:thumb:

 

There is no way that you can say that there was a team as talented as SK in the 8th this year. They had the most talent in the region with 3 of the top players in the region, but even with that I didn't think they would win it at the start of the season. I'm not going to point out the main reason I think they failed to make it to Rupp, but I will say that Oldham was deserving.

 

Not really sure what you mean by the bold part?

'Originally Posted by Italian Stallion

No way. Cody is a good player but not good enought to play at Georgetown. They are one of the best NAIA programs in the nation year in and year out. He will play college basketball somewhere but not at Georgetown.'

 

Your quote, which I pasted in this message is judgmental in my opinion.

There were many good players in the 8th region this past year. SK had a few of them. Gallatin had a few, Owen one, Walton one, Shelby had a few, Oldham Co had a few. Throw them all together and they would make a pretty good team that would rival any other region's all star team.

 

That said, CP at Gallatin earned his way there the same as all the others. Walk on or not... at least he made it and they are paying for his education.

 

I saw him play quite a few times and honestly I can't see him getting a ride to G'town on basketball. He is talented but if he is a walk on then isn't his money coming from academics?

I saw him play quite a few times and honestly I can't see him getting a ride to G'town on basketball. He is talented but if he is a walk on then isn't his money coming from academics?

I think you are right, his money is from academics not sports. From what I've hear, he didn't consider playing on the college level until late in the year and wasn't advertised because of that. Would have been a good find for someone.

JV at Georgetown in 07 - 08, who knows about the next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.