Anne Northup

If it were just the political mess, I would still be backing Fletcher as well. However, he has arrogantly and steadfastly refused to admit he made a mistake in many, many provisions of the Tax Reform Act passed a couple of years ago, and the alternative valuation and minimum tax is crushing small business and LLC's. Almost all tax personnel in the state, from attorneys to CPA's, agree on this, but he has stubbornly refused. Therefore, he has not been "good for business," and I can cite to literally dozens of examples locally of businesses that will not locate here because of the impact of the Tax Modernization Act.

I agree with you on that. I wish he'd just recognize that it was a mistake. But as I recall, a lot of businesses and business associations had originally pushed for it. Seems like a whole lot of folks didn't think it through before it was enacted. Nonetheless, I still thing looking at the totality of issues, he's still been good for businesses in the state. I'm not sure why he is being so stubborn about the TRA. I'll try and find out.

I was really leaning toward voting for Northrup, until this morning when I learned that she decided to skip the candidate forum in NKY last night.

Was there an earlier forum that she did attend up here? I don't want to pass judgement without all the facts.

I was really leaning toward voting for Northrup, until this morning when I learned that she decided to skip the candidate forum in NKY last night.

Was there an earlier forum that she did attend up here? I don't want to pass judgement without all the facts.

I'd be interested to know that, too. NKy is Trey Grayson country, and Trey has unfurled his carpet for Ernie, so . . .

Recent Poll

Flether 51 %

Northrup 29%

Rest undecided

Stick a fork in her, she is done

Do you have any type of a link or a source? The last Poll I saw had:

Fletcher 39%

Northup 39%

Harper 10%

Undecided 12%

Conducted by "Public Opinion Strategies."

Does anyone know why she skipped?

I mean, before declaring her toast, shouldn't that knowledge be known?

Also, for the record, a forum was held 2 weeks ago at the Frankfort convention center. All candidates of both parties were invited to participate and only Democratic candidates showed.

Does anyone know why she skipped?
It said in the paper that she chose to campaign in Western Kentucky instead. Maybe she had good reasons; and like I said, I want to support her. But I think it does send a negative message up this way -- especially when all the other major candidates felt it was worthy of their time.

Fletcher 39%

Northup 39%

Harper 10%

Undecided 12%

The poll was given to me by our county judge and I can not find where I laid it at. It was some poll with the word Bluegrass in the title.

Sorry

Fletcher 39%

Northup 39%

Harper 10%

Undecided 12%

I heard the same numbers as bbking. I'm sure that its on Fletcher's website. Inside Northup folks things its a bad poll (I wonder why:jump:) and think she's only down 5%. They are also hoping that Harper drops out, but doubt that it will happen.

I am a Republican..so my opinion is a tad bit biased...BUT, my father in law is a highly respected former judge here in Jefferson County...and still practices law somewhat....likely the state's #1 mediator...he even tells me there is a good chance that he'll vote for Northup....that says enough for me.