Who Becomes Louisville Powers if Neighborhood Schools Come Back?

thomam

Here's a REAL quote from the new Superintendent. Quoted in the CJ and everything:

If the U.S. Supreme Court declares the district's desegregation policy unconstitutional, Berman said, he would involve the community in creating alternative plans and then gather feedback.

"There is a commitment for an integrated school system here, and I am committed to that as well," he said. "I would want to retain as much of the current system as possible."

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I know who Todd is. Do you? As in, REALLY know him, or just read about him and catch a sound bite on TV? 'Cause not to belabor the point, but I do.

haha that is hilarious. Way to go trying to make it look like you really know something.

haha that is hilarious. Way to go trying to make it look like you really know something.
"I would want to retain as much of the current system as possible.":sssh:

I got Todd confused with a family friend. My mother was once upon a time heavily involved with JCPS and actually represented the magnet school plan/bussing on television. We know a lot of people intertwined with these issues, and I put a name with the wrong face.

"I would want to retain as much of the current system as possible.":sssh:

I got Todd confused with a family friend. My mother was once upon a time heavily involved with JCPS and actually represented the magnet school plan/bussing on television. We know a lot of people intertwined with these issues, and I put a name with the wrong face.

Bravo, someone on BGP can admit when they're wrong! It's a quality not shared with all, so I've noticed.

The easiest way to adjust would be for JCPS to eliminate race as a consideration for school admission.

I do not think the court would have any problem with the school system considering family income in school admissions with the goal to have a wide range on incomes represented at each school. This would achieve many of the same goals as considering race and be entirely constitutional.

I live near Fern Creek area, area is really growing and a lot of kids we know out here do not go to Fern Creek high school. We have a soon to be 5th grader and he wants to go to Male or Manual, but Fern Creek High would be OK with us. I like the drive and its a good school too. I also would like him to go to Highlands if he played football, little bit of a drive.

I live near Fern Creek area, area is really growing and a lot of kids we know out here do not go to Fern Creek high school. We have a soon to be 5th grader and he wants to go to Male or Manual, but Fern Creek High would be OK with us. I like the drive and its a good school too. I also would like him to go to Highlands if he played football, little bit of a drive.
Speaking as a kid from the Creek that went to Manual... send him to Manual.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that a community school situation would defintiely help the schools usch as Seneca, FC, Southern a ton Ballard Eastern a little and the others would be similar. I think Western and Shawnee would get better also.