Whatever Happened to John Holmes?

J.B.'s been pretty inconsistent. Of the nine tournaments he's played in (not including the Heritage) he's missed the cut 5 times. He was 3 over par and made the cut at the Arnie Palmer Invitational and ended the tourny at +23. Of his 27 rounds this year, he's had 7 rounds of +4 or worse and 4 rounds of -4 or better. He'll shoot a 66 one day and a 76 the next. His last 5 rounds have been 77-83-76-76-70. Maybe he'll hold it together, make the cut and give a good showing in The Heritage.

J.B.'s been pretty inconsistent. Of the nine tournaments he's played in (not including the Heritage) he's missed the cut 5 times. He was 3 over par and made the cut at the Arnie Palmer Invitational and ended the tourny at +23. Of his 27 rounds this year, he's had 7 rounds of +4 or worse and 4 rounds of -4 or better. He'll shoot a 66 one day and a 76 the next. His last 5 rounds have been 77-83-76-76-70. Maybe he'll hold it together, make the cut and give a good showing in The Heritage.

I can't believe he's already made $500,000 this year.

I can't believe he's already made $500,000 this year.

He made just over half that in the first tourny of the year (Mercedes Benz Championship). He picked up another $148k at the PODS Championship. You don't need to finish in the top 10 to often to make a decent living. :D

He made just over half that in the first tourny of the year (Mercedes Benz Championship). He picked up another $148k at the PODS Championship. You don't need to finish in the top 10 to often to make a decent living. :D

I'd say a decent living!

I read somewhere this mindset behind US's lack of success in the Ryder's Cup. Players make shots to finish in the money and not to win tournaments. And in the Ryder's Cup, they have to make shots and they can't do it because that is not how they play, in general, the rest of the year.

I'm not sure it is time to call him the best golfer from UK ever. There is another one that is about Top 50 for career earnings with over $11,000,000 and two wins on Tour.

JB played surprisingly well yesterday on a course that doesn't suit him. Hope he can keep it up.

His short game has been atrocious this year (and last) and that is what is holding him back. His scrambling percentage has him somewhere around LAST on Tour. He hasn't putted consistently either.

I hope he develops into something beyond just a basher, because guys like that will have the rare good week, but will never consistently be at the top of the leaderboards.