Why Not Britt?

Your post was nothing more than a thinly...very thinly...veiled shot at Coach Kidwell. Please do not insult the intelligence of the BGP public by claiming otherwise. Most folks on here are well aware of your allegience to all things Rose Hill and your constant baiting of anyone who may not think as highly of the Royals as they do. You seem to take particular delight in agitating the Russell faithful, especially in this forum. We are all quite tired of it and individuals such as yourself are the reason there continues to be animosity towards RH. NO ONE said anything untoward regarding Rose Hill nor any of their players or coaches until you unleashed your "puzzle" and after drawing a response, you accuse others of "sour grapes." Seeing as how you initiated this debate, one might think you were the one suffering from a case of "sour grapes"...:rolleyes:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make it clear that I am not taking any shots (thinly veiled or otherwise) at any school, coach, or fans thereof, let me just plainly say that I agree with LRCW. I also feel that several area coaches could have won the COY, but that I do not disagree with the choice of Merle Kidwell. I have also heard that Queen won the POY award. If this is true, I also offer my congratulations to her for such a fine season. She is truly worthy of such an award.

No dog in this fight. I just don't see that many players better than Britt Faulkner. Stats only tell a part of the story. Without her ball handling Rose Hill doesn't even get out of the District, much less win the Region.

I have no dog in this fight either and I disagree. IMO if you put any Junior with average skills in place of Faulkner and Rose Hill would still have had the same record. I did not read any articles during the year where a game was won because of Faulkners play or contributions, but I read several where her play or antics may have cost them. On second thought A team player with average skills who is a Junior may have allowed RH to go further. The way I see it is since Queen and Terry were constatly double and triple team 1 other decent player should have had carreer stats every game and I did not see this happening with Faulkner.

No dog in this fight. I just don't see that many players better than Britt Faulkner. Stats only tell a part of the story. Without her ball handling Rose Hill doesn't even get out of the District, much less win the Region.

During the 4 or 5 times I was able to see this years team play, I noticed Ms Faulkners ball handling skills as well. My opinion of those particular skills vary greatly from your observation. In fact my notes from scouting the games say "weak w/left hand" and "starts offensive set too high". While I wasnt too impressed with he offensive skill set, I thought her defense was solid.

Your post was nothing more than a thinly...very thinly...veiled shot at Coach Kidwell. Please do not insult the intelligence of the BGP public by claiming otherwise. :

AMEN, I know my intelligence (what little of it there is) was greatly insulted when Scooterbob tried to play this off as a "puzzle" and then act surprised when someone calls him on it. Come on Scooter, you could do much better than that!!!!! This is much like the attacks on officials we suffered throughout the season. There is a HUGE conspiracy out there against RH. Again, someone needs to call Mel Gibson and get him over here to break the case!!!!

Your post was nothing more than a thinly...very thinly...veiled shot at Coach Kidwell. Please do not insult the intelligence of the BGP public by claiming otherwise. Most folks on here are well aware of your allegience to all things Rose Hill and your constant baiting of anyone who may not think as highly of the Royals as they do. You seem to take particular delight in agitating the Russell faithful, especially in this forum. We are all quite tired of it and individuals such as yourself are the reason there continues to be animosity towards RH. NO ONE said anything untoward regarding Rose Hill nor any of their players or coaches until you unleashed your "puzzle" and after drawing a response, you accuse others of "sour grapes." Seeing as how you initiated this debate, one might think you were the one suffering from a case of "sour grapes"...:rolleyes:

Okay, goherd96, let's cut out all the crap and get to the truth of the matter.

My "puzzle" is factual. There are no misstatements as to the scenerio presented. I described the actual situation with both Coach A and with Coach B. I took no shots at either. I praised neither. I merely stated facts. Then, I solicited comments as to which of the two should, in the opinion of posters, receive the COY award. Was that really too difficult for you to understand? I repeat, no shots were taken at anyone. Just the facts. Of course, if you see a shot in the post, possibly it is because the facts indicate one way or the other. The truth is that I like Coach A. However, facts are facts and facts are not shots. There is no shot. You created a shot. Truth is not a shot.

So again, for those of you who seem to have firm beliefs in this matter, from the actual facts which one should receive the award? And, let me add another reasonable query. Justify your choice with some facts. Not more crap but facts.

Now, as to your statement that the attitude of some of us RH advocates is the reason for the feelings of you Russellites toward RH, let me suggest that either you are less than honest or you are uninformed. Let me lay it out for those who may be unaware.

Russell supporters oppose Rose Hill because the Faulkner girls transferred from Russell to Rose Hill. That is the truth of the matter. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The bottom line is that, because of the transfer, Russell is convinced that it was knocked out of three trips to the state tournament. Russell, particularly those close to the girls's program, were anticipating the 2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2006-2007 seasons because, with the talent available, they saw three trips to Bowling Green.

The transfer burst the bubble. The result was zero trips to Bowling Green. In 2004-2005, Rowan County won. That was the year that the Faulkner girls had to sit out after leaving Russell. In 2005-2006, with the Faulkners for most of the year, Rose Hill rolled through the region which included beating Russell twice. And, of course, in 2006-2007, we all know what happened. Russell had the obvious talent advantage over everyone. However, Rose Hill, with Britt Faulkner playing a major role, upset Russell and deprived Russell another trip to Bowling Green. Worst of all, Coach Euton did a masterful coaching job.

That, goherd96, is the main reason why Russell dislikes Rose Hill. All close to the Russell program know it, I know it, and you should know it. Of course, reminders from people like me don't help and, in reality, do fan the flames. However, I don't make statements that I cannot prove with tangible evidence. You can bank on that.

It is unfortunate that your girls didn't get to go to Bowling Green. Fortman, in particular, deserved the opportunity to play in the big event. Nonetheless, it didn't happen and we all know that that still festering sore is what eats at you people.

Like it or not, that is the truth. Just ask some of your people.

Now that that has been said, let's see some of those learned opinions with accompanying justification.

I thought the Faulkners were dismissed from the Russell team. To be more specific I thought one of them was dismissed and Mommy decided it was a package deal....lose one lose them both. Is that not correct? If that is the case, it would seem to me "Coach A" knew the consequences of such a decision and was ready to accept those consequences. That alone should have been enough to quash the Russell faithfuls hopes of a 3-peat as you suggest they had planned on. Even before the Russell folks learned that Rose Hill had graciously opened their hearts and arms to the dismissed student athletes, I am sure they were deeply concerned about how they could possibly compete with the ever so talented "Coach B".

I thought the Faulkners were dismissed from the Russell team. To be more specific I thought one of them was dismissed and Mommy decided it was a package deal....lose one lose them both. Is that not correct? If that is the case, it would seem to me "Coach A" knew the consequences of such a decision and was ready to accept those consequences. That alone should have been enough to quash the Russell faithfuls hopes of a 3-peat as you suggest they had planned on. Even before the Russell folks learned that Rose Hill had graciously opened their hearts and arms to the dismissed student athletes, I am sure they were deeply concerned about how they could possibly compete with the ever so talented "Coach B".

Now, you don't really believe what you have suggested, do you? If so, I have some real estate in Florida that I would like to sell you.

While I did not waste my time reading Scooter's lengthy prose, I will say you are correct on all points...:thumb: