Why Not Britt?

I will agree with Royal Uncle. Close the thread. No one will attempt to intelligently answer my "puzzle" anyway. Why not? Well, the answer is obvious that Coach B should win the award. However, many prefer Coach A which is an answer that cannot be objectively defended. The problem lies in the fact that Coach A supporters (or Coach B dissenters as the case may be) cannot justify their answer using facts rather than emotion, prejudice, and pettiness or without coming to the conclusion that the vote was anything but a "joint effort" of sorts (of course, I have tangible evidence). My point has been made. I rest my case.

As for the all area girls's team, many will agree and disagree with the choices. As usual, there will be agreement and disagreement as to individual girls. In regard to the particular young lady who is mentioned in this thread, I would suspect that she doesn't give a tinker's you know what. After all, she came out the winner in the melodrama. She won all direct encounters and made two trips to Bowling Green. She, like some others, doesn't need the approval of a group of coaches who could only watch from the stands, sack of popcorn in hand, as she played in the big arena. Twice. Actually, there may just be a little poetic justice on this earth after all.

Puzzle solved.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing, I was told, by someone who was there so this is not a rumor, that one of the RH seniors had on a white headband for the All Area picture. On that white head band was the words, "Where's Britt?"

If this is true, I really have a problem with Rick Greene and the gang at the ADI allowing this. Talk about a direct shot at the area coaches!! Did you have anything to do with that Scooterbob? If so, it sounds like you were a fan of Jim McMahon of the Bears in the mid 80's.

Okay, goherd96, let's cut out all the crap and get to the truth of the matter.

My "puzzle" is factual. There are no misstatements as to the scenerio presented. I described the actual situation with both Coach A and with Coach B. I took no shots at either. I praised neither. I merely stated facts. Then, I solicited comments as to which of the two should, in the opinion of posters, receive the COY award. Was that really too difficult for you to understand? I repeat, no shots were taken at anyone. Just the facts. Of course, if you see a shot in the post, possibly it is because the facts indicate one way or the other. The truth is that I like Coach A. However, facts are facts and facts are not shots. There is no shot. You created a shot. Truth is not a shot.

So again, for those of you who seem to have firm beliefs in this matter, from the actual facts which one should receive the award? And, let me add another reasonable query. Justify your choice with some facts. Not more crap but facts.

Now, as to your statement that the attitude of some of us RH advocates is the reason for the feelings of you Russellites toward RH, let me suggest that either you are less than honest or you are uninformed. Let me lay it out for those who may be unaware.

Russell supporters oppose Rose Hill because the Faulkner girls transferred from Russell to Rose Hill. That is the truth of the matter. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The bottom line is that, because of the transfer, Russell is convinced that it was knocked out of three trips to the state tournament. Russell, particularly those close to the girls's program, were anticipating the 2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2006-2007 seasons because, with the talent available, they saw three trips to Bowling Green.

The transfer burst the bubble. The result was zero trips to Bowling Green. In 2004-2005, Rowan County won. That was the year that the Faulkner girls had to sit out after leaving Russell. In 2005-2006, with the Faulkners for most of the year, Rose Hill rolled through the region which included beating Russell twice. And, of course, in 2006-2007, we all know what happened. Russell had the obvious talent advantage over everyone. However, Rose Hill, with Britt Faulkner playing a major role, upset Russell and deprived Russell another trip to Bowling Green. Worst of all, Coach Euton did a masterful coaching job.

That, goherd96, is the main reason why Russell dislikes Rose Hill. All close to the Russell program know it, I know it, and you should know it. Of course, reminders from people like me don't help and, in reality, do fan the flames. However, I don't make statements that I cannot prove with tangible evidence. You can bank on that.

It is unfortunate that your girls didn't get to go to Bowling Green. Fortman, in particular, deserved the opportunity to play in the big event. Nonetheless, it didn't happen and we all know that that still festering sore is what eats at you people.

Like it or not, that is the truth. Just ask some of your people.

Now that that has been said, let's see some of those learned opinions with accompanying justification.

Just curious about the talent level of both teams. I have seen neither team play this year but saw Queen and Terry play over the years and wonder how a team with one player worthy of Ms. Basketball and going to an up and coming MTSU team and Terry who is going to UL can have less talent then Russell. Those two players alone on any team IMO would make them Regional favorites in most regions in KY. Add to that some posters feel that Faulkner should have made first team then you have a team with 3 first team all region players.

One other thing, I was told, by someone who was there so this is not a rumor, that one of the RH seniors had on a white headband for the All Area picture. On that white head band was the words, "Where's Britt?"

If this is true, I really have a problem with Rick Greene and the gang at the ADI allowing this. Talk about a direct shot at the area coaches!! .

I have also heard this, and if true I must say that I'm also very disappointed. I agree with GoRadio, in that I believe it's a slap in the face to the area coaches that voted for this young lady. I don't know where the pictures were taken, but I would also be very disappointed in the Rose Hill administration if they knowingly allowed this. One can be disappointed in the fact that her teammate didn't make the team, but a display such as that is uncalled for IMO. I'm sure that there have been numerous of disappointed girls over the years who haven't made the All Area team. I was also taught by my parents growing up that the way one presents or carries themselves on and off the playing field, or court, is far more important than anything that one may accomplish while playing sports.

The pictures were taken at Rose Hill. I agree with you wholeheartedly LRCW. Too many kids (and adults as well) feel like life owes them something and if we don't get what we want then life is not fair and I have been cheated. If life were fair, I would have a one year old son on my lap as I type this entry. Face it, life is not fair and the world owes you NOTHING!!! Get over it and move on. And the same holds true for the COY. Someone wins, others don't, get over it and move on with life. That being said, I like Coach Euton. She is a fine lady and I seriously doubt that she is hurt over not being selected as COY. She is not about individual awards for herself.

I think if this makes the paper (the picture with "where's britt") then the ADI is going to be setting a very dangerous precident. Suppose next season another kid feels his/her teammates deserved to make the squad and wants to wear a "Where's ____" T-shirt? Or a COY feels one of his players doesn't make it, can he wear a "Where's ____?" tie!?

Very sad

For bluethunder: You obviously know nothing about the 16th Region. Russell was the preseason favorite and even more of a favorite at tournament time. If you do your homework, you will learn that Russell had two players near the equal of Terry and Queen as well as a far more experienced supporting cast. Being informed never hurts.

For GoRadio: Surely you don't really mean to imply that I had anything to do with any headbands. I won't dignify your remark with a denial. I was at the school for an extended period yesterday afternoon and heard nothing of any headband. Did it really happen or is it as imagined?

For LRCW: I'm rather disappointed in you. I don't expect GoRadio or a few others to be objective. However, since you really know all the individuals being accused in this "whinorama", I do expect you to get some facts before you join a lynch mob.

For all: I stand by all the statements made in my above posts. Many of you disagree. I am not vouching for the truth of any other posts but mine so don't attribute the remarks of others to me. If I am wrong somewhere in my analysis, offer some proof. No innuendoes, no namecalling, no whining, no "victimization". Proof. You won't because you know I am factually correct.

For LRCW: I'm rather disappointed in you. I don't expect GoRadio or a few others to be objective. However, since you really know all the individuals being accused in this "whinorama", I do expect you to get some facts before you join a lynch mob.

Scooterbob, I don't feel I've taken part in any lynch mob. Go back, and read my post. In my post I stated "If true". If no one wore a headband, then obviously my post holds no merit, but if someone indeed did wear such a headband to the pictures, then I stand by my post, and you can remain disappointed in me.

Scooterbob, I don't feel I've taken part in any lynch mob. Go back, and read my post. In my post I stated "If true". If no one wore a headband, then obviously my post holds no merit, but if someone indeed did wear such a headband to the pictures, then I stand by my post, and you can remain disappointed in me.

The words "if true" get lost in the rest of your essay. I particularly was moved by your reference to "a slap in the face" to area coaches. If you are looking for a slap in the face at the area girls's coaches, read my posts concerning the COY vote because I feel sure you can conclude that I am verbally doing just that. However, keep in mind that I don't make statements for which there is no proof. And, I never resort to "preaching" because I realize that all of this is not a morality play but, instead, an exercise in human nature.

As I have stated throughout this thread- offer proof instead of emotion. So far, nothing has been offered to refute anything.

The words "if true" get lost in the rest of your essay. I particularly was moved by your reference to "a slap in the face" to area coaches. If you are looking for a slap in the face at the area girls's coaches, read my posts concerning the COY vote because I feel sure you can conclude that I am verbally doing just that. However, keep in mind that I don't make statements for which there is no proof. And, I never resort to "preaching" because I realize that all of this is not a morolity play but, instead, an exercise in human nature.

As I have stated throughout this thread- offer proof instead of emotion. So far, nothing has been offered to refute anything.

I believe there is a huge difference in getting on a public discussion forum, and arguing whom you believe should have won COY, and the action that was taken yesterday for the pictures. As far as making statements where there is no proof, I don't either. I believe the proof will be shown in due time.

I suppose the main difference in our orations is that you are condemning an 18 year old who, wisely or not, was defending her friend/teammate. I, on the other hand, am condemning allegedly mature individuals who lead our youth and who are in a position to, at least in theory, make reasoned judgments.

Anyone disagree? Fine. Offer some proof.

I suppose the main difference in our orations is that you are condemning an 18 year old who, wisely or not, was defending her friend/teammate. I, on the other hand, am condemning allegedly mature individuals who lead our youth and who are in a position to, at least in theory, make reasoned judgments.

Anyone disagree? Fine. Offer some proof.

Where have I said that I'm condemning an 18 year old. I believe my word was disappointed. There's not one of us that hasn't made mistakes, or poor decisions in our life time, especially at the young age of 18. I still do the same at the ripe old age of 40. I still think the world of the young lady, much like my parents did of me when I made poor decisions at that age.

For GoRadio: Surely you don't really mean to imply that I had anything to do with any headbands. I won't dignify your remark with a denial. I was at the school for an extended period yesterday afternoon and heard nothing of any headband. Did it really happen or is it as imagined?

I never once said that you had anything to do with the headbands. I simply was asking a question. And I do know "for a fact" that she had the headband on and that it said, "Where's Britt?"