Why Not Britt?

The big question this off-season is, "Why isn't Britt Faulkner on the All-Area Team?" Grant it, she is abrasive and rude at times, but that aside, she was one of the major reasons for the success of the Lady Royals and their return to the Sweet Sixteen Tournement. Any thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Anyone that is honest and puts personal feelings aside should admit that Britt was a very important part of the two state tournament teams, especially this year. She was the main ball handler and she was a defensive stopper as well. This is one of my main gripes with having teams outside of the 16th Region represented. That allows well deserving players to be left off

that should have been on the team without a doubt. And for those that would leave her off of the team because they have issue with her attitude; over the years I have seen selections on both the boys and girls teams that have had less than stellar attitudes and have been suspended from school for various reasons as well.

I must have missed something, when was the All Area team in the paper?

I haven't seen the team either. How many are on the team, and who do you feel shouldn't be on the team over Britt?

I must have missed something, when was the All Area team in the paper?

Although the vote was allegedly by secret ballot and under the control of the local newspaper, several of our area coaches have been "revealing" a "preview" of the outcome. I have no idea how they know the results.

Let me also offer a "puzzle" for your consideration. Coach A's team is preseason #1 in the area and region and, at tournament time, is the odds on favorite to advance to the state tournament. However, unexpectedly, his/her team fails to win either the district or the region. Coach B's team is preseason #3 in the area and region. His/Her team wins both its district and the region and advances to the state tournament. Who would appear to be the choice for coach of the year? Keep in mind that the choice is made by the area coaches. Also, keep in mind that I am merely offering a puzzle for your consideration. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The big question this off-season is, "Why isn't Britt Faulkner on the All-Area Team?" Grant it, she is abrasive and rude at times, but that aside, she was one of the major reasons for the success of the Lady Royals and their return to the Sweet Sixteen Tournement. Any thoughts?

Its hard for me to comment on the players selected since I have not seen the list. However, if I were to make my own list, I don't believe I would select Faulkner. Don't get me wrong, she is a very good player, but looking at the Daily Independent year end stats, she does not make the list for any statistical category (ie-scoring avg, assists, fg %, ft %, 3 pt shooting, etc...)

I will be curious to see the list when it is put in the paper. Anyone know when this will be?

Although the vote was allegedly by secret ballot and under the control of the local newspaper, several of our area coaches have been "revealing" a "preview" of the outcome. I have no idea how they know the results.

Let me also offer a "puzzle" for your consideration. Coach A's team is preseason #1 in the area and region and, at tournament time, is the odds on favorite to advance to the state tournament. However, unexpectedly, his/her team fails to win either the district or the region. Coach B's team is preseason #3 in the area and region. His/Her team wins both its district and the region and advances to the state tournament. Who would appear to be the choice for coach of the year? Keep in mind that the choice is made by the area coaches. Also, keep in mind that I am merely offering a puzzle for your consideration. Nothing more. Nothing less.

What if Coach B's team was rated #3 preseason IN THE STATE. Does this change the solution to the puzzle?

What if Coach B's team was rated #3 preseason IN THE STATE. Does this change the solution to the puzzle?

Of course you can argue that if you choose. Somehow, I think my scenerio is a little more applicable. Does your theory explain the choice made by the coaches? I would submit that it doesn't. But, then, remember that I am merely posing a "puzzle" and you seem to have added "personage" to my puzzle.

Of course you can argue that if you choose. Somehow, I think my scenerio is a little more applicable. Does your theory explain the choice made by the coaches? I would submit that it doesn't. But, then, remember that I am merely posing a "puzzle" and you seem to have added "personage" to my puzzle.

No "personage" here. Just stating the facts. One preseason poll vs. another. Which should be less apt involve collusion?

a) A poll of area coaches

b) A poll of statewide coaches

As they say....You say potato and I say potahto

I believe the area is blessed with many fine coaches, and this year was a very tough decision, and 3 or 4 coaches could have won, but I do believe that Coach Kidwell was deserving of the award.

I believe the area is blessed with many fine coaches, and this year was a very tough decision, and 3 or 4 coaches could have won, but I do believe that Coach Kidwell was deserving of the award.

Awwww...come on now LRCW. Scooter said he was merely posing a "puzzle," he wasn't really talking about any one in particular...:rolleyes:

Someone mentioned area stat leaders earlier...I'd be willing to suggest that the area leader for technical fouls received was Senior Guard B who played for a certain religion based private school...keep in mind that I am merely offering a puzzle for your consideration. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Scooter,

In your puzzle, did the two teams meet head to head. If so who won. Who won the year before in the head to head meeting. Who lost due to a coaching error. It sounds to me like coach A needs an award, it is the only thing he can win.

Wow. We're getting all kinds of thinly veiled shots, innuendoes, rationalizations, and a major dose of poorly packaged sour grapes. All I did was present a thesis in which I described two vastly different scenerios. Then I asked for answers to the "puzzle" as to whom each of you "learned and unbiased" observers would conclude should win the COY award. I really don't think that an independent and reasonably intelligent observer would have much difficulty in making that determination. So far, I have received no real answers to the puzzle although I do believe, unlike most of the posts, there are elements of reason in Uncle Jed's post.