Paris Bold Prediction

KyFan11

From what I hear through the rumor mill there is no one in house that wants to take it. I was talking to a guy the other night, and the one possible person in house who would have been qualified to take it, is going to be the AD next year, so he is not coaching football at all. (Once again, this is second hand info, just a rumor)

Could that person you talk about be Mr. Cody??

From what I hear through the rumor mill there is no one in house that wants to take it. I was talking to a guy the other night, and the one possible person in house who would have been qualified to take it, is going to be the AD next year, so he is not coaching football at all. (Once again, this is second hand info, just a rumor)

IMO- there is no one over there that knows enough about coaching (or have enough experience) to be able to beat teams like LCA, FHS or Raceland- LET ALONE NCC, Danville or Beechwood.

Standing around yelling with headsets on is different from actually out coaching another team.

Could that person you talk about be Mr. Cody??

Yes, He is taking over for our AD that is retiring. I know him from making small talk and seeing him at football and basketball games. Seems like a good guy. He said he didn't want to be a head football coach. I have heard some of the parents talking of him becoming head basketball coach when Barr retires. He is from somewhere in Eastern Ky I think. Hazard maybe?

Yes, He is taking over for our AD that is retiring. I know him from making small talk and seeing him at football and basketball games. Seems like a good guy. He said he didn't want to be a head football coach. I have heard some of the parents talking of him becoming head basketball coach when Barr retires. He is from somewhere in Eastern Ky I think. Hazard maybe?

so when does Coach Barr plan on retiring????

that is new news (if so) maybe he will be the next principal?

They better get one fast or they may not even have a team next year... remember Bourbon County, from the way I see it, Paris could be heading in that same direction!

they to need to get moving is RIGHT- they can argue with the principal later- Just hire a DANG coach- This is not fair to those that are working hard.

I have not heard any new news on it- it is spring break there...

Yeah BCHS waited till summer to hire a coach!

They are still lifting- just no spring practice yet... I heard that some of the applicants said- "hire me now- and I will have spring practice" (close quote)

So like I said I don't know what they are waiting on?

They better get one fast or they may not even have a team next year... remember Bourbon County, from the way I see it, Paris could be heading in that same direction!

The Principal will work to see that there is a football team, because without a football team, nobody would be there to see the band perform on Friday night!!!!!

so when does Coach Barr plan on retiring????

that is new news (if so) maybe he will be the next principal?

I have heard some of the parents say that they thought he was going to retire from coaching this year and take over the AD job, but they say it looks like he is going one more year...Who knows????

The Principal will work to see that there is a football team, because without a football team, nobody would be there to see the band perform on Friday night!!!!!

That is correct... And they need those concession stands to be able to fund band trips... i.e. Rome, Italy...

Is band more important than football at Paris? Maybe that's why the kids march on Friday nights instead of being in the locker room at halftime resting with their teammates. Yes, football at Paris right now is a joke!

I think that should be worded to, the Administration is a Joke at Paris, which makes all athletic programs look bad. Yes the football players marching at half-time blew my mind. You think for one minute a coach like Randy Reese or Homer Goins would've let that happened? It is time for some spine to return to that school. Time for some major changes!

And I would like to add an observation, the band dispappears after their half-time show. WHat is up with that?

Don't wanna bash the band- maybe it is the director and spouse that needs to be looked at here!

So my next question would be- how does a person become the principal when their spouse is the HS band director? I guess they have been there for so long and have gotten away with whatever they want, so now when questioned they want to scream "harrasment"... ?

And please don't tell me the band director is under Middle School principal !!!!!!!! If that is the case it is time for some heat to come down on the Supert..

Okay Site Base time to hire a coach-like soon- and one that is certified so all the kids can learn in English class. And BTW- make sure you don't hire a fluke.

I think that should be worded to, the Administration is a Joke at Paris, which makes all athletic programs look bad. Yes the football players marching at half-time blew my mind. You think for one minute a coach like Randy Reese or Homer Goins would've let that happened? It is time for some spine to return to that school. Time for some major changes!

And I would like to add an observation, the band dispappears after their half-time show. WHat is up with that?

Don't wanna bash the band- maybe it is the director and spouse that needs to be looked at here!

So my next question would be- how does a person become the principal when their spouse is the HS band director? I guess they have been there for so long and have gotten away with whatever they want, so now when questioned they want to scream "harrasment"... ?

And please don't tell me the band director is under Middle School principal !!!!!!!! If that is the case it is time for some heat to come down on the Supert..

Okay Site Base time to hire a coach-like soon- and one that is certified so all the kids can learn in English class. And BTW- make sure you don't hire a fluke.

I do not know anything about the situation at Paris- Zero. But from the way that you talk I do not see any coach that would want to take this position. Coaches do check up on things like this before they take jobs. :creepy:

Good luck to Paris on finding a coach, they have had good tradition.

How do the parents and community let this happen? Do they care about football?

Yeah I think they (most parents and community) do.... they care...

they will get a coach, there are too many people out there that need jobs.

I think they have a better site base now. I think things with the new site-base will start to make a difference. They just have some issues they are trying to flush out right now. They will get it taken care of.