Mock NFL Draft

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers select Sydney Rice WR South Carolina

I believe that's his first name....:lol:

Nice pickup for the Bolts' although Robert Meachem may be the better fit based on his blistering speed compared to Rices not so much speed. Rice is a big target, but they have one of those with Gates, and they have a possession guy in the age-less Keenan McCardell. Thus a burner like Maechem can really fire up an already hot offense. Still, I like the pick of giving Rivers another target.

Colts take LB Lawrence Timmons FSU

( he is available right? )

Yep, and nice move considering they lost Cato June. It's like the Colts are being scaringly close to the Florida Marlins in that they win a championship and allow their championship team to fall apart and walk away. Although the Colts will be far more competitive than the Marlins were the year after, they are still having a rough offseason. Wouldn't be suprised to see them take a back later on in the draft to replace Rhodes. Dungy seemed to like the two-back system to well to put the load solely on the shoulders of Joseph Adaii.

Yep, and nice move considering they lost Cato June. It's like the Colts are being scaringly close to the Florida Marlins in that they win a championship and allow their championship team to fall apart and walk away. Although the Colts will be far more competitive than the Marlins were the year after, they are still having a rough offseason. Wouldn't be suprised to see them take a back later on in the draft to replace Rhodes. Dungy seemed to like the two-back system to well to put the load solely on the shoulders of Joseph Adaii.

Who have they lost besides June and Rhodes? I don't consider the loss of Rhodes that big of a deal. Last year was the first year the Colts used the two-back system, and IMO, they did it to allow Addai time to grow into the job as the feature back. I think their plan was to make Addai the feature back as soon as he was ready, and he certainly looks to be. It certainly doesn't hurt to have a backup to spell your starter at times, but I think Addai will get the bulk of the touches next year, and the Colts will be better for it. He is better than Rhodes in every aspect. Cato June was an excellent performer for the Colts, but I don't see him as someone who they can't live without. I really don't see that they've taken a step back or had a rough off-season. They look poised to make a serious run at a repeat.

Who have they lost besides June and Rhodes? I don't consider the loss of Rhodes that big of a deal. Last year was the first year the Colts used the two-back system, and IMO, they did it to allow Addai time to grow into the job as the feature back. I think their plan was to make Addai the feature back as soon as he was ready, and he certainly looks to be. It certainly doesn't hurt to have a backup to spell your starter at times, but I think Addai will get the bulk of the touches next year, and the Colts will be better for it. He is better than Rhodes in every aspect. Cato June was an excellent performer for the Colts, but I don't see him as someone who they can't live without. I really don't see that they've taken a step back or had a rough off-season. They look poised to make a serious run at a repeat.

The Pats will make a push in the AFC, which I think could be won by 6 or 7 teams.

The Pats will make a push in the AFC, which I think could be won by 6 or 7 teams.

I agree, which makes it pretty much the same as last year. But, the Colts will definitely be one of those 6 or 7. I just don't see that they've taken a step back...Rhodes isn't a significant loss, IMO, with the emergence of Addai. June could hurt some, but he isn't an irreplaceable talent. I could see them plugging someone in who could develop over the course of the season and lessen the impact of losing June...also, don't forget that they'll likely have Corey Simon back. Teaming Simon up with McFarland in the middle will give them a pretty formidable tandem at DT, which is something they've never had...and more than likely they'll have a healthy Bob Sanders next year and his impact was pretty obvious with the way they played in the playoffs. Also, Stokley is gone (I think), but they basically played this year without him anyway, and his departure can be made up for with the emergence of Dallas Clark. I'm not a Colts fan at all, but they have a lot going for them, IMO.

I don't think they'll win it again because it's just so hard to repeat. The NFL is so even and teams like NE and Baltimore and others are always pushing to get better when they don't win the Super Bowl...it makes it difficult to stay on top. But, Indy looks to be in as good a position as any defending champs in recent memory.