Sheldon Clark & Jim Hicks

Guest ANON

Bubba Wilson you have no idea what you are talking about. Coach Hicks turned down the Williamsburg job because of his loyalty to his players at greenup. Yes, he and Travis Ford are close friends and they did coach together at Campbellsville University.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The botton line is Coach Jim Hicks dedication, work ethic, and his ability to build a winning program is exactly why we need to hire him here at Sheldon Clark.

Bubba Wilson you have no idea what you are talking about. Coach Hicks turned down the Williamsburg job because of his loyalty to his players at greenup. Yes, he and Travis Ford are close friends and they did coach together at Campbellsville University.

Well Mr. SLick that is what he told the administration at WHS when they offered him the job first. Since then Mister Hicks has called an offered his services again for next year and was told he was not needed. Hire him at Sheldon Clark and enjoy the success.

I think he would be a good fit.

Where did Hicks coach at prior to Greenup?

He has coached as an assistant at Evarts and Scott County (with Uncle Billy), and was on Travis Ford's staff at Campbellsville University. Then he coached one year at Owsley County before going to Greenup County for the 2002-03 season.

He has coached as an assistant at Evarts and Scott County (with Uncle Billy), and was on Travis Ford's staff at Campbellsville University. Then he coached one year at Owsley County before going to Greenup County for the 2002-03 season.

At Owsley County he took over after Tim Bobrowski left, following a 20 win season and All A regional Championsip. Hicks came in and won 12 games and lost in the first round of the district. He left Owsley County and Tim Bobrowski came back and took the same team Hicks had and won 17 games the next season.

If you think GC was politically corrupt, well,,,,,,the only difference at Sheldon Clark will be the school's colors. I'd be just as leery if I were Hicks as those who were doing the hiring, IMHO.

Agreed from all I have heard about that place.

I do not know hicks personally but have kept up w/ papers & on BGP. He could be the finest guy & coach in the world but w/ all the negativity that is thrown his way, SC should look very closely into his background & previous jobs before hiring him. Sometimes things are blown out of proportion and sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire, so I would look into the situation. just my 2 cents which wont get you much.

At Owsley County he took over after Tim Bobrowski left, following a 20 win season and All A regional Championsip. Hicks came in and won 12 games and lost in the first round of the district. He left Owsley County and Tim Bobrowski came back and took the same team Hicks had and won 17 games the next season.

Yeah...I have found it fascinating that people would be all goo goo over a guy that went barely over .500 during his tenure, lost three straight district openers (four if you include Owsley), 2 of those years GC had the best player in the region (Zach Gillum), and had the ability to have some pretty classless moments, particularly against Russell.