What is the rule:

If no team has possession then no timeout is supposed to be granted, but for some reason officials seem to mess that one up all the time.:confused:

There could still be team control but no player control. I believe player control is required before a TO can be granted. I think its a different rule in high school than it is in college.

It shouldn't of been granted with out someone in possession, but if it is, they just have to deal with it. Sometimes the excuse of the officials is, "when the timeout was asked for they DID have possession but when i blew the whistle they had lost it again", that is always a good one! But could be true sometimes.

Has jumpball "safety" become a POI? It seems like officials are much quicker to call a held ball this season when many times its still loose. I just assumed they were trying to prevent potential injuries/problems.

Has jumpball "safety" become a POI? It seems like officials are much quicker to call a held ball this season when many times its still loose. I just assumed they were trying to prevent potential injuries/problems.

There is a POI on people jumping in on the players trying to tie them up. They want a foul called for piling on or jumping on top of someone trying to tie them up. It gets rough if they let this go on and people get hurt, so from what I have seen this year it has been called a little quicker than in the past!

And back to the other topic, Time out on a free throw is LEGAL, by the player or team holding the ball getting ready to shoot! Just wanted to clarify this, it is a play in the case book and it is very legal.

There is a POI on people jumping in on the players trying to tie them up. They want a foul called for piling on or jumping on top of someone trying to tie them up. It gets rough if they let this go on and people get hurt, so from what I have seen this year it has been called a little quicker than in the past!

And back to the other topic, Time out on a free throw is LEGAL, by the player or team holding the ball getting ready to shoot! Just wanted to clarify this, it is a play in the case book and it is very legal.

Thank You. That is what I thought.

I'm presuming, but perhaps Point of Interest or Point of Emphasis....:thumb:

I'm sitting in the waiting room getting ready to get my hair cut. For some reason while watching the NCAA tourney , it hit me that I typed POI instead of POE. I meant point of emphasis but my fingers typed the abbreviation for point of interruption. I just knew someone would catch it before I could clarify.

I'm sitting in the waiting room getting ready to get my hair cut. For some reason while watching the NCAA tourney , it hit me that I typed POI instead of POE. I meant point of emphasis but my fingers typed the abbreviation for point of interruption. I just knew someone would catch it before I could clarify.
You know me, I always take care of you....:thumb:

Get a little color added, I noticed some grey creeping in....:sssh:

:D