Tubby Smith, Part MLXXXIX

MSUEagles

I'm sure most would be pleading their case for Tubby to get an extension...

Yeah, if Tubby wins a championship give him an extension. If he loses 13 games a year and never takes his players to the final 4 get rid of him...simple concept, yet most cannot grasp it...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ineteresting thought but no chance.

:thumb:

I think a more realistic question would be what if they advance to the elite 8 and have another close call like against MSU (Double OT) and fall short of the final four, just barely....while that would still be a miracle in my book, it's not nearly as far-fetched.

Let's take another approach...

UK goes into the NCAA tourney reeling, but pulls out a miraculous March and wins the national championship. What do all the Tubby bashers say/do then? Do they stick by their guns or does everyone jump back on the bandwagon? What are everyone's thoughts?

Step away from the mushrooms:D

Step away from the mushrooms:D

Again, I do not think this would ever happen, but in sports anything is possible. Its a hypothetical scenario - much like the if xxxx and xxxx came to play, or if xxxx were the new coach, or if xxxxx could get a rebound, or if xxxx would do xxxxx then we'd win xxxxx games, etc. etc.

It's possible in the sense that all 65 teams in the tournament have a shot.

It's also highly unlikely, when you look at the cumulative statistics of teams that have made the Final Four, much less won a title, in the "64 Team" era.

It's possible in the sense that all 65 teams in the tournament have a shot.

It's also highly unlikely, when you look at the cumulative statistics of teams that have made the Final Four, much less won a title, in the "64 Team" era.

I think UK has a more legitimate shot than say - Winthrop or High Point. Kentucky is one of the 20 or so teams that could make a run.

A SEC tourney title and deep run into the NCAA's would really help the state of the program, that is assured. There is no denying that Tubby Smith can coach, even ignorant people know that. What this team will do and how they show up, well that is the million dollar question?

A SEC tourney title and deep run into the NCAA's would really help the state of the program, that is assured. There is no denying that Tubby Smith can coach, even ignorant people know that. What this team will do and how they show up, well that is the million dollar question?

Are you sure?:lol:

Yeah, if Tubby wins a championship give him an extension. If he loses 13 games a year and never takes his players to the final 4 get rid of him...simple concept, yet most cannot grasp it...

So ONE YEAR of 13 losses and he is gone. Your post implies he does this yearly and that is inaccurate. He has done that once.

His teams lost 6, 5 and 4 the previous 3 years. I think they are acceptable numbers.