Bracken 52 Augusta 28

This game started out a lot closer and was probably closer than the score actually indicates. The game was tied after 1 quarter at 13. Augusta struggles to score in the 2nd quarter and that can be attributed to the Bracken Co. defense and pressure. Bracken opened up a 12 point lead at the half and continued to build on it in the 3rd period as Augusta continue to struggle scoring. The JV for Bracken played the majority of the 4th and ended the game.

Coach Schultz's halftime speech must have sparked the Lady Bears for they only gave up 2 3rd quarter points and increased their lead. Nice win for Coach Schultz and the Lady Bears as they have now won 2 in a row and go for their winning streak tomorrow at home against Williamstown.

Dana Figgins, PG, looked really good tonight as she went 7-8 from 2 point territory and only turned it over once. Nice Game Figgins! Haley Ware, Alex Rogers, and Chelsea Ahrens looked good off the bench. McDowell also looked good toinght for the Lady Bears.

Augusta had a bright spot in Lauren Whiteman. However, Lauren Sebastion did get 15 rebounds.

I am from Augusta, went to school there, played ball there... It will always be special to me so NO i dont like the consolidation.

I coach at Bracken Co. and love to go back to my home and coach.. Like the atmosphere and rivalry part of it.

I understand you went to school at Augusta but you still havent answered my question.

I understand all that, but wouldnt consolidation be better for Academics and Sports? What do you think?

This will absolutely never happen. The state has put way to much money in this school to shut it down.

As for Academics and Athletics, somewhat a good idea, but once again the state has put to much money in it.

I always said the same thing about Maysville and Mason County and we know how that turned out. [/Quote]

This will absolutely never happen. The state has put way to much money in this school to shut it down.

As for Academics and Athletics, somewhat a good idea, but once again the state has put to much money in it.

Hey don't get me wrong. I hope that Augusta stays open forever. Nothing like the small school education as far as I am concerned. But I have learned to never say never.