Scott County-Huntington High School Revisited

O.J. will not play. I think they will be better off against Scott County without O.J.. Patterson will now get touches and dominate this game. I am a Cards fan but i don't think Jordan Lee can stop Patterson. If the cards stand a chance it will be running and gunning because HHS has 6 players and that is it. And by the way I think it's pretty cheap to comment on Mayo's family life. I don't think he chose to have a bad situation at home.

And by the way I think it's pretty cheap to comment on Mayo's family life. I don't think he chose to have a bad situation at home.
I don't think it's Mayo's "family life" that's being addressed ... the person that gets criticized the most here (and rightfully so, in my opinion) isn't related to him at all.

Bottom line ... Mayo has chosen to surround himself with people that seem to have, shall we say, questionable motives.

What will HHS look at, offensively and defensively to contain Scott County. First game, seemed the SC rebounded well, got after all the loose balls and cut the goal, off the weak side.

Patterson and Lee, were impressive in the post but Mackey and Walls, were fundamentally sound in the first match-up. HHS will shoot much better than before and their transition defense, is a key.

Thoughts.....

It will be interesting to see which shooters show up for HHS. Against Lex. Cath. hit > 50% from 3-pt. on 20 attempts, with a three at what seemed like the end of every quarter, especially the third after Lex. Cath. pulled to within 11. Against Scott County what did they shoot 1 for 25 or something?

It will be interesting to see which shooters show up for HHS. Against Lex. Cath. hit > 50% from 3-pt. on 20 attempts, with a three at what seemed like the end of every quarter, especially the third after Lex. Cath. pulled to within 11. Against Scott County what did they shoot 1 for 25 or something?

Against LexCath HHS had open 3s all game long. Mayo hit about 4 in a row in the 4th qtr without anyone even close to him. LexCath looked like they just enjoyed being out there with those guys.

Catholic's Coach Salsman in the postgame interview said he chose to "pack it inside" and challenge the outside shooting in the 2nd half. He admitted that the strategy didn't work because HHS shot well. There is truth also, that Lex. Cath. played the game more for entertainment than a win. But I am just as sure that the kids that were on the floor gave their best efforts, but the game came 16 hours after a very disheartening and avoidable district loss.

Scott County is an excellent team and played a great game, but I watched the film....HHS was shooting bricks from wide open places.

I can't imagine Billy Hicks coaching any game for "entertainment value". If he were coaching a high school team against the Miami Heat he would not only try to win the game but convince himself and anyone that would listen to him that his team had a good chance. Also, he is not going to "pack it inside" on anybody either. The HHS players looked very surprised that SC come out and pressed and trapped them.

I can't imagine Billy Hicks coaching any game for "entertainment value". If he were coaching a high school team against the Miami Heat he would not only try to win the game but convince himself and anyone that would listen to him that his team had a good chance. Also, he is not going to "pack it inside" on anybody either. The HHS players looked very surprised that SC come out and pressed and trapped them.

And it worked...

Didn't say what LC did was right, but it was what they did.