Rose Hill 51 East Carter 47

Go Radio, it is time we quit bickering between ourselves, you have personally attacked me but I forgive you for that. Sorry that I offended you. I hope you accept my apology and we can go on. You see things one way and I simply see it another. You think it is because I support RH but it isnt. I have watched boys games and girls games other than RH and I feel the same way.

And NO, I do not want to ref and cannot ref seeing how I can barely get around as it is. Thanks for the condescending judgmental attacks you have launched upon my character tonight. Peace!

You are more than welcome. Although I didn't feel I wrote anything that was any more condescending than your attack on a profession that you admit you can't do any better than the ones who do it. If I have offended you, I too apologize. Thanks for your forgiveness, it is something we all need at times. Please forgive me and we can be friends!

I dare say I see as many, if not more, basketball games in a season than do most and I have seen games that were poorly officiated and I have seen games that were officiated very well. No one gets on here and compliments officials after a good game, but are very quick to criticize when they feel they saw a poor game. Just tired of people trashing officials. I know I wouldn't do it for any amount of money, much less $60 or whatever they get.

Peace to you and have a great evening!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose Hill would have won by 30 if the game was called as it should be but a win is a win. Britts technical was given when it wouldnt have if she had been another player. I thought that Rose Hill had way to many turnovers. Anyone know how many they had and who had them?

A good effort by Rose Hill and East but the big three for Rose Hill were way to much for East to handle.

Rose Hill wouldn't have won by 30 if there were NO refs. Why does a good hard fought win have to be tainted by ref bashing?

I talked to Troy Lee and he had a player with him so I dont think they played tonight.

He was not going to coach tonight because of illness. Unless it was cancelled, they played Fleming County tonight. The player was perhaps a girl that was suspended for violating team rules. Troy said he might return to the sidelines Thursday night if his medicine continues to work.

Did you listen to the postgame interview with the losing coach?

NO ONE is completely impartial. If you have read my earlier posts, you would see that I said it was physical BOTH WAYS. If you ever listen to me do a game, you would also know that if I disagree with an official, I will make comment whether it is for or against East or West Carter. I am not a HOMER radio announcer. I try to tell people what I see in a way that they might know what is happening. That's all, not as flashy as Dickie Martin, but people seem to like to listen to us. Maybe we just shouldn't give Rose Hill any more coverage. We have done 2 of their games and both times officials and others are attacked.

Oh well, I do what I do for the kids in this area, not for posters on internet message boards who hide behind screen names and attack others.

I guess the officials are like the Bush administration now. We shouldn't question them. (you have to laugh at that)

Tis OK to question them. But to get on here and say that they are horrible, they are cheating and they need to be cleaned up is not questioning them, it is bashing them (and yes, I did laugh at that)

1. So you didn't interview the winning coach?

2. I never read the word cheating on here until you posted it.

3. People get on here just to talk about their opinions, some people can't deal with it and they bash individuals. People comment on their dislikes of officials that are adults, and you GoRadio have added to the people who have personally attacked Britt (whom is a high school kid) on your post #18. But, you're the "class" monitor.

1. So you didn't interview the winning coach?

2. I never read the word cheating on here until you posted it.

3. People get on here just to talk about their opinions, some people can't deal with it and they bash individuals. People comment on their dislikes of officials that are adults, and you GoRadio have added to the people who have personally attacked Britt (whom is a high school kid) on your post #18. But, you're the "class" monitor.

1. No, I didn't interview the winning coach, I was asking if you listened to the interview with the losing coach.

2. The "word" cheat may not have been used but the following quote sure insinuates it: "Anyone who thinks that the Rose Hill girls (the Big Three) are not targeted needs to wake up from Neverland and sit back and watch this mess. Officiating is at an all time low. Just call the game and quit anticipating calls and quit targeting these young ladys."

3. I never called myself the "class" monitor, and that was not an attack on Britt, an "observation". I think Britt is a great player with lots of potential, but she talks to officials in a fashion that they won't tolerate. If she would calmly tell an official what she wants them to know and not yell (thus, the loud comment in post 18) the officials would be much more likely to listen to her thoughts. When my kids want me to know something and they yell at me, they are punished. If they yell at another adult, they are punished, but if they can calmly tell me why they disagree with a decision I have made, then I am much more likely to consider their thoughts.