Latest Football recruiting classes....SEC has

justme2018

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd to think Illinois had the top recruiting class in the Big 10. The problem with Zook was never being able to get the kids to come...

I personally think Zook is best fit for a place like Illinois.

Agreed, not the best coach , but one heck of a recruiter.

I read a recruiting service web site this morning that the top three classes will be UF, UT and LSU. Depending on late signees that order could shake up but it will likely be those three in some order.

LSU,

Where does UK's class rank?

Where would UL's class rank in the SEC?

LSU,

Where does UK's class rank?

Where would UL's class rank in the SEC?

With 16 recruits, Louisville is currently 44th on scout and 41st on Rivals.

UK, with 25, is currently 58th and 54th, respectively.

Louisville would rank 10th and 11th in the SEC at this time (ahead of Kentucky and Vandy.)

By average star rating (3.06 and 3.14), Louisville would rank 9th in both leagues.

I would note that three SEC schools have at least 29 recruits.

Louisville still has two 4 stars and three 3 stars they're still in with.

With 16 recruits, Louisville is currently 44th on scout and 41st on Rivals.

UK, with 25, is currently 58th and 54th, respectively.

Louisville would rank 10th and 11th in the SEC at this time (ahead of Kentucky and Vandy.)

By average star rating (3.06 and 3.14), Louisville would rank 9th in both leagues.

I would note that three SEC schools have at least 29 recruits.

Louisville still has two 4 stars and three 3 stars they're still in with.

Thanks. That kind of puts things in perspective.

Thanks. That kind of puts things in perspective.
Many of the SEC teams ahead of Louisville are doing it on sheer numbers of recruits, not really better talent. Louisville has more 'quality' recruits (4 and 5) star players than a good chunk of the SEC, but half the committs. It's a small class scholarship wise for Louisville.

Many of the SEC teams ahead of Louisville are doing it on sheer numbers of recruits, not really better talent. Louisville has more 'quality' recruits (4 and 5) star players than a good chunk of the SEC, but half the committs. It's a small class scholarship wise for Louisville.

How does the average star rating figure in then? I thought Louisville would be 9th in the SEC using that rating? :confused:

How do they determine the strength of a class? Why would the actual number of recruits matter; I figure only the average of the stars would matter in deciding someon's place????

How does the average star rating figure in then? I thought Louisville would be 9th in the SEC using that rating? :confused:
Because a few of Louisville's recruits don't count the same in the average star rating.

Louisville has 16 verbals for this class- 6 4-star, 6 3-star and 4 2-star for scout. Do the math and that comes out to a different average star rating, doesn't it?

Several of the SEC teams ranked ahead of Louisville are there because they have a bloated number of 3-star recruits. Miss St, for example, has 11... but they also show 31 committs.

Arkansas has no 5-star recruits, and 3 4-star recruits, but they do have 13 3-star recruits. Which class should you write home about?

Not sure that's accurate...at least according to Rivals...

U of L: 1 (5-star), 2 (4-star)

Florida: 4 and 15

Tennessee: 5 and 10

LSU: 0 and 16

South Carolina: 1 and 13

Georgia: 0 and 12

Auburn: 0 and 11

Alabama: 0 and 9

Ole Miss: 1 and 6

Arkansas: 0 and 3

Not a knock on U of L, as they've obviously proven they can find and develop players to suit their team. But, just on paper, it seems most of the SEC has them beat, not only in sheer numbers, but in the number of quality recruits (4 and 5 star players).

How do they determine the strength of a class? Why would the actual number of recruits matter; I figure only the average of the stars would matter in deciding someon's place????
It's an arcane 'formula' that assigns the points they use for the rankings.

I say formula as condescendingly as possible. It's an entirely subjective process which has been accussed of favoring teams whose fanbases are most likely to buy the recruiting guides.

Not sure that's accurate...at least according to Rivals...

U of L: 1 (5-star), 2 (4-star)

Florida: 4 and 15

Tennessee: 5 and 10

LSU: 0 and 16

South Carolina: 1 and 13

Georgia: 0 and 12

Auburn: 0 and 11

Alabama: 0 and 9

Ole Miss: 1 and 6

Arkansas: 0 and 3

Not a knock on U of L, as they've obviously proven they can find and develop players to suit their team. But, just on paper, it seems most of the SEC has them beat, not only in sheer numbers, but in the number of quality recruits (4 and 5 star players).

That's on Rivals, completely different story on scout.

Look at my post above yours for an example.