Latest Football recruiting classes....SEC has

justme2018

UK is just out side of the top 25 isn't it????

No, they are in the 50s now with the defection of Goode. If they lose their last 4 star commit (he is now wavering) they will drop even lower. UK is likely to end up 12 out of twelve. MSU has three 4 star commits for crying out loud.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville isn't going to crack the recruiting rankings top 25. For one thing, too many of their good recruits are JUCO's. For another, Louisville is going to have a smaller class (somewhere in the teens) because of available scholarships.

Of course, it also depends on what service you use. The one in this thread is ESPN, isn't it?

If you go by average star rating, Louisville is 24th and 29th on Rivals and Scout respectively.

I think we all know what he means, though. Harry Douglas was a 2 star prospect, think some teams wouldn't trade for him?

Anthony Allen was a 3 star RB, rated behind 65 other guys on scout- I'll keep him.

Those two (among others flew under the radar) but I'm also sure that Douglas enjoys the benefit of catching balls thrown by a super blue-chip USAToday offensive POY. Not to mention playing opposite a blue-chip like #7. That same quarterback's ability to run pretty good play action might loosen things up for AA as well.

Those two (among others flew under the radar) but I'm also sure that Douglas enjoys the benefit of catching balls thrown by a super blue-chip USAToday offensive POY. Not to mention playing opposite a blue-chip like #7. That same quarterback's ability to run pretty good play action might loosen things up for AA as well.

Once again it's the Numbers Theory in the college sports forum: The stars/rankings matter when we are getting 4 and 5 star players, but when the the class as a whole is ranked low, the stars really don't matter.:lol:

Blue chip #7 was a three star.:thumb:

Once again it's the Numbers Theory in the college sports forum: The stars/rankings matter when we are getting 4 and 5 star players, but when the the class as a whole is ranked low, the stars really don't matter.:lol:

Where did I post that? I'm saying that you need the players with the stars by their name. Even a few can lift the other guys up. I'm beginning to think that Scotty may have been right about you. Did you see him sitting in your section tuesday night?

Where did I post that? I'm saying that you need the players with the stars by their name. Even a few can lift the other guys up. I'm beginning to think that Scotty may have been right about you. Did you see him sitting in your section tuesday night?

I was agreeing with you and referencing others.

You and I agree on the star system.

I was agreeing with you and referencing others.

You and I agree on the star system.

I hope you aren't referencing me. I was playing Devil's Advocate, because in a limited scope rltrace does have a point. Louisville's a great example of finding the right talent for your system and developing it, and having an eye for those 2-3 star guys that maybe could have been 4 or even 5 star guys if things had gone a different way.

I concede. It does mean that it is the opinion of some service that one player at a certain position is absolutely, undeniably better than all others at that position. Bear in mind though that there are 1000's of other people with different opinions of the same players out there.