UK in danger of losing their last 4 star player to another school?

Goliath

Which positions would get a chance to play early? Kentucky is beginning to build depth and should only lose 7 players from this year.

With a defense as porous as least years, AND a new DC there are 11 openings, I would use that as a recruiting tool for MY program. Same with OL issues...the only positions locked up are WR, QB, and RB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK has been successful with the Lagrange/Lexington connection but if you are good and you live in UGA this shouldn't be a suprise.

I agree,Imo U.K.'s problem always has been getting the top recruits/talent when other SEC schols are going after the same kid. To me it comes down to asking a kid (by U.K.) something like "Do you want to be a part of a program on the rise that plans to contend for an SEC title before you leave here and play in a good bowl game?" OR a school like UGA, Bama, LSU, UF, Auburn and can say...."We plan on contending for and winning a SEC title, BCS bowl and a possible National Title EVERY season and we think that you can be a big part of our program".

I really did think with the offense's success, and the chance at early playing time, for an improving team, would be supremely attractive to prospects.....Someone dropped the ball in this recruiting season. If it's a one year hiccup, there will be no problem, but they can not afford another poor recruiting class next season, especially not in the SEC.

I wouldnt really classify it as a poor class. They signed some very serviceable lineman, on the offensive side of the ball.

They got their QB, they got a pair of RB's, and they signed some athletes who could possibly play a variety of positions.

The present need is for WR, and they may get a pair of good ones in the final week.

Evidently, Lanxter has verballed to UK, thus reneging on his commitment to WV. That will help.

This class is very similar to the class they brought in 2 years ago.

Lastly, dont forget this team/program was thought to have hit the skids after their late October loss at LSU.

They really didnt right their ship and take off until after the Georgia game. There were still some skeptics as they entered the bowl game.

By that time, much of the legwork and promise of the program had gone unnoticed through a key portion of the recruiting season. If they get off to a good start next year, I would expect them to have a higher rated class.

I think this class is stacking up to be a big disappointment. The Cats have their best season in years. Win a bowl game for the first time since the 80s. And the reward is not a single top ranked recruit. Nothing is final of course but as it sits now, UK will 12th out of 12 in conference. They are currently projected in the high 50s in recruiting and that doesn't account for this last defection. UK has been going in the right direction in recruiting but this class looks to be a step backwards.

The program turned late in the season when most of the legwork was done in recruiting.

This is similar to the class they had two years ago.

This is still a young team.

I will not fret too much over this class.

Many of their two star kids they have gotten have really developed.

Wesley Woodyard for example.

Last year's class was exceptional for UK standards. Best they have had in a while. If the staff can do for this class what they have done for the previous classes, they should be successful, then hopefully that breeds more success.

Rankings can be a bit deceiving.

Classic case: Ole Miss.

Usually light up the recruiting board...but flop in the Grove.

Something can be said for staff's to develop talent.

Here are a few quotes from Stafford from a article that Jeff Drummond did on him today at TCP...

Stafford has been committed to Kentucky since Thanksgiving weekend, but has been under a blanket of recruiting calls from other schools and media outlets wondering if there could be a late change of heart.

"I'm still going to sign with Kentucky," Stafford said succinctly on Monday afternoon, less than 40 hours away from signing day.

When noted he did not sound very excited about the big day approaching, Stafford said, "That's just how I am. I don't get too caught up in it. I'm looking forward to having it over with."

Since that time, he's continued to receive heavy attention from the two schools closest to his LaGrange home, Auburn and Georgia. The home state Bulldogs look to be the Wildcats' biggest threat, but he cancelled a scheduled visit to Athens this past weekend.

"I just decided not to go," Stafford said. "A lot of people have pressured me to look at Georgia, but I'm done. I just feel like Kentucky is the right place for me."

Stafford recently spoke with his UK recruiting coach, Joker Phillips, on the phone for one last time before signing day.

"He just wanted to check in with me and make sure everything was set," Stafford said. "I told him it was."

Nice pickup...but he need to do some work to get in some SEC shape...he won't be able to rely on talent anymore.

So what would you say if Louisville picked up a 4 star defensive lineman? Singing the praises? I would not hesitate to think you would. He is one of the top 14 strong side defensive ends in the country.

Sure he will need to continue to grow and get stronger. That will come.

The next big step is meeting the requirements to play next year. Hargrave is still an option.

In the end, UK was able to weather the storm of the likes of Georgia for his services.

Not getting my hopes up until he is qualified.

So what would you say if Louisville picked up a 4 star defensive lineman? Singing the praises? I would not hesitate to think you would.

This coming from the guy that picked apart and pointed out every negative in every recruit that UL got for two weeks...Pretty quick to jump on RP, don't you think?

Here are some quotes that Stafford gave a UGA writer today from the UGA rivals site...makes you wonder what he will do tommorrow.

"I think I want to go to Georgia," said Stafford. "I have been talking about it with my family and thinking about it a lot here lately and that is where I want to go."

The Kentucky offer is already at Lagrange, but Stafford is not sure if he will sign that offer or not.

"I really don't know what I will do if Georgia doesn't send the offer. I am not really thinking about that right now. I like Kentucky, but I just think Georgia is the better fit for me. It is close to home, I feel better about them, and they put a lot of defensive linemen in the league (NFL)."

Right now, all Stafford can do is sit and wait to see what happens.

"I am going to keep trying to reach Coach "G" to see what he says. Georgia is where I want to go and I would like to sign with them tomorrow. If I can't sign with Georgia tomorrow, then I am not sure if I will sign on Signing Day or not."

Here are some quotes that Stafford gave a UGA writer today from the UGA rivals site...makes you wonder what he will do tommorrow.

"I think I want to go to Georgia," said Stafford. "I have been talking about it with my family and thinking about it a lot here lately and that is where I want to go."

The Kentucky offer is already at Lagrange, but Stafford is not sure if he will sign that offer or not.

"I really don't know what I will do if Georgia doesn't send the offer. I am not really thinking about that right now. I like Kentucky, but I just think Georgia is the better fit for me. It is close to home, I feel better about them, and they put a lot of defensive linemen in the league (NFL)."

Right now, all Stafford can do is sit and wait to see what happens.

"I am going to keep trying to reach Coach "G" to see what he says. Georgia is where I want to go and I would like to sign with them tomorrow. If I can't sign with Georgia tomorrow, then I am not sure if I will sign on Signing Day or not."

Doesn't sound good for UK.:irked: