Ryle at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates

Unrivaled97

Ryle at CAL  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/20/2024 at 11:15 PM

In what should be one of the better games played in the Louisville metro area Friday, Ryle (3-1) visits CAL (3-1) looking for revenge of last year's 34-22 defeat at the hands of the Centurions.  Ryle enters the game riding high off of a hard fought OT victory over Highlands.  Led by JR. Jacob Savage, Ryle's balanced offense looks to keep the pressure on the Centurion defense this Friday.  On the flip side, CAL enters off of loss to LCA.  Overall, CAL's offense performed well against the Eagles, but the defense gave up nearly double the amount of points in that contest than they had all season.  CAL's offense relies heavily on the arm and legs of SR. Conner Hodge.  Will the Raiders exact revenge on the Centurions this Friday?  Or will CAL hold serve at home and head into next Friday's showdown with Manual at 4-1?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unrivaled97 said:

In what should be one of the better games played in the Louisville metro area Friday, Ryle (3-1) visits CAL (3-1) looking for revenge of last year's 34-22 defeat at the hands of the Centurions.  Ryle enters the game riding high off of a hard fought OT victory over Highlands.  Led by JR. Jacob Savage, Ryle's balanced offense looks to keep the pressure on the Centurion defense this Friday.  On the flip side, CAL enters off of loss to LCA.  Overall, CAL's offense performed well against the Eagles, but the defense gave up nearly double the amount of points in that contest than they had all season.  CAL's offense relies heavily on the arm and legs of SR. Conner Hodge.  Will the Raiders exact revenge on the Centurions this Friday?  Or will CAL hold serve at home and head into next Friday's showdown with Manual at 4-1?

Thanks for the great job you do of covering CAL football. Ryle has played two highly energized games in a row against 2 of the top 3 teams in 5A. The Raiders have stepped it up a notch this year against a solid schedule. They are well prepared for everything CAL will throw at them. Ryle has been turning it over a bit too much for my liking but they play a tough, physical brand of football. Savage vs. Hodge should be a great battle. Home field means something so it should be a close game. Looking for the Raiders to bring home the W.

• Like 4

With no disrespect towards any other player in the state, I believe this game has the 2 best LBs in the state of KY in Jacob Savage and Garyon Hobbs.  Looking forward to this matchup and I do believe the final margin of victory will be less than a TD.  We'll just see which way that goes.

10 hours ago, CoachMulvi said:

Its not usual field turf. Most of CAL players wear turf shoes over cleats. When Cooper scrimmaged them, Cooper had guys slipping like they were playing in the mud. It was wild. 

I will echo @CoachMulvi comments regarding the playing surface at CAL. You cannot underestimate the clear advantage the CAL players will have if Ryle does not come prepared with their footwear. I’m being 100% factual in that it is better to leave the cleats in the locker room and put turf shoes or even tennis shoes on, especially the at the skill positions! 

When most the CAL players are in turf or tennis shoes, that ought to be a clear sign that something is up. Show up in cleats and Ryle will be at a distinct disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sixer said:

I will echo @CoachMulvi comments regarding the playing surface at CAL. You cannot underestimate the clear advantage the CAL players will have if Ryle does not come prepared with their footwear. I’m being 100% factual in that it is better to leave the cleats in the locker room and put turf shoes or even tennis shoes on, especially the at the skill positions! 

When most the CAL players are in turf or tennis shoes, that ought to be a clear sign that something is up. Show up in cleats and Ryle will be at a distinct disadvantage. 

Ryle players have been told and will be ready with proper footwear. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

It really just depends on the kid.  My son is a skill player for CAL MS and has played on that field plenty of times now.  He struggled early, but has been taught that when he cuts, keep your feet under you as much as possible and cut off your outside foot.  Don't overextend.  He wears regular football cleats on the field and has no issues.

1 hour ago, Unrivaled97 said:

It really just depends on the kid.  My son is a skill player for CAL MS and has played on that field plenty of times now.  He struggled early, but has been taught that when he cuts, keep your feet under you as much as possible and cut off your outside foot.  Don't overextend.  He wears regular football cleats on the field and has no issues.

You're helping to make my point.  Your son has played on it "many" times and I am sure he knows the ins and outs of the surface so he knows exactly what you are explaining. In contrast, if you're a team coming in and playing on the CAL for the first time with the expectation that everything will be status-quo on that field you're in for a rude awakening.  That surface is not typical and it's best to prepare which is why Ryle should bring turf or tennis shoes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sixer said:

You're helping to make my point.  Your son has played on it "many" times and I am sure he knows the ins and outs of the surface so he knows exactly what you are explaining. In contrast, if you're a team coming in and playing on the CAL for the first time with the expectation that everything will be status-quo on that field you're in for a rude awakening.  That surface is not typical and it's best to prepare which is why Ryle should bring turf or tennis shoes.

As a new kid, I can't argue that.  My reply was more about the statement you made of it being 100% factual that it's better to leave the cleats in the locker room and bring out the turf or tennis shoes, especially at the skill positions.  That, in fact, is not 100% factual.  I've seen plenty of CAL kids slip on it and plenty of opposing players handle it with no problems.