Baltimore Bridge Collapse

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am curious how they were able to stop traffic so quickly. The ship mayday call was just a couple minutes before it hit the bridge yet they were able to stop traffic going onto the bridge. How did they do that? Toll gates?

32 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I believe the distress signal went out to emergency responders and they halted traffic.

Wasn't it middle of the night which would have limited the amount of traffic, too.

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Wasn't it middle of the night which would have limited the amount of traffic, too.

Didn't I see that sonar picked up submerged vehicles too?  Have they started recovery yet?

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

I believe the distress signal went out to emergency responders and they halted traffic.

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

My understanding is it was just a couple minutes from the mayday call to the collapse. There must have been first responders in place because of the construction work and they were able to stop traffic. No way they could have made it to the bridge on both side and stopped traffic in 2 minutes.

57 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

My understanding is it was just a couple minutes from the mayday call to the collapse. There must have been first responders in place because of the construction work and they were able to stop traffic. No way they could have made it to the bridge on both side and stopped traffic in 2 minutes.

A lot can happen in two minutes, it really depends on the location of any officers when they receive the call for assistance. 

• Thanks 1