Kentucky 75 Ole Miss 63

45 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Feels like Justin Edwards is playing a little bit better with every passing game. Really like how aggressive he is being to get into the lane. Be great if he keeps it up and kicks out to any of or rock solid three point shooters.

I think that's been the key for him. There was a stretch where it seemed like he was trying to assert himself with some long 3's vs getting down hill towards the basket.  He's capable of making some of those 3's but more of an impact taking the ball towards the basket and finding open guys or finishing around the basket vs 20+ feet away. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I think that's been the key for him. There was a stretch where it seemed like he was trying to assert himself with some long 3's vs getting down hill towards the basket.  He's capable of making some of those 3's but more of an impact taking the ball towards the basket and finding open guys or finishing around the basket vs 20+ feet away. 

Yes, also needs to learn to finish off 2 feet sometimes when he attacks the rim, too many soft shots

14 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

I think with Ky’s style of play which is fast and up and down 94ft, that 5-7 turnovers are going to consistently be there, but the 12-15 amounts are a bit much.

Totally agree.

But there sure are a few dumbfounding turnovers by 1-2 guys every game, and often times like last night, they aren't when they are getting up and down fast. Just dumb passes by one guy specifically and the other throws erratic fastballs like Aroldis Chapman for some reason.

• Like 1

There were 2 or 3 plays last night where Reed Sheppard showed high level athleticism that it seems people overlook. The one play in particular that stands out for me is there was a turnover and a Mississippi player was dribbling down from half court for an easy lay up or dunk. Shepherd sprinted from the other side of the half-court line and beat the player to the spot in the paint. A display of speed that people don't realize he has. He is so smooth in his speed and leaping that his athleticism is underrated. Devin Booker like in that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

There were 2 or 3 plays last night where Reed Sheppard showed high level athleticism that it seems people overlook. The one play in particular that stands out for me is there was a turnover and a Mississippi player was dribbling down from half court for an easy lay up or dunk. Shepherd sprinted from the other side of the half-court line and beat the player to the spot in the paint. A display of speed that people don't realize he has. He is so smooth in his speed and leaping that his athleticism is underrated. Devin Booker like in that way.

I know exactly the play you are referencing and it is what makes him a high level prospect. There are some people that get angles, timing, and have the requisite on-court speed to make plays, and that is what he has. He is one of those guys that may have a low defensive rating, but he also has knack for recovering by recording steals or blocks. Each game it seems he has a knuckle-headed turnover, but he turns right around and gets the ball back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I know exactly the play you are referencing and it is what makes him a high level prospect. There are some people that get angles, timing, and have the requisite on-court speed to make plays, and that is what he has. He is one of those guys that may have a low defensive rating, but he also has knack for recovering by recording steals or blocks. Each game it seems he has a knuckle-headed turnover, but he turns right around and gets the ball back.

Sheppard is like that cornerback in football that is gonna get you 8 interceptions and also give up 6 long touchdowns passes.