Spanking Law Proposal

It would appear that we are, collectively speaking, very much on the side of "spare the rod and spoil the child".

Frances

I am not sure what that means.

I am sure that my boys respond very well to a well-timed, well-placed, and sufficiently forceful wallop on the rear end. Except for their table manners, which I am working on.

It would appear that we are, collectively speaking, very much on the side of "spare the rod and spoil the child".

Frances

Are we, collectively, responsible for disciplining Hearsay's boys? Should we, collectively, decide what methods of discipline are permissible for Hearsay to use?

Are we, collectively, responsible for disciplining Hearsay's boys? Should we, collectively, decide what methods of discipline are permissible for Hearsay to use?

Perhaps my post was not clear enough.

I am a firm believer in spanking. I realize that not everyone agrees with the practice, but at the Bavier home, it has been around as long as the kids have.

If Hearsay chooses to use "Time Out" instead of spanking, he certainly has that right. Personally, I don't think "Time Out" is worth a hoot when it comes to negative reinforcement.

In my world, a kid needs both positive and negative reinforcement. A ton of the first, and just enough of the second to make them understand that some things are just not acceptable in this world.

Frances

Perhaps my post was not clear enough.

I am a firm believer in spanking. I realize that not everyone agrees with the practice, but at the Bavier home, it has been around as long as the kids have.

If Hearsay chooses to use "Time Out" instead of spanking, he certainly has that right. Personally, I don't think "Time Out" is worth a hoot when it comes to negative reinforcement.

In my world, a kid needs both positive and negative reinforcement. A ton of the first, and just enough of the second to make them understand that some things are just not acceptable in this world.

Frances

We don't use "Time Out."