Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Kenny Powers

Who wins?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2023 at 12:00 AM

Apologies to @theguru for dropping the ball last week with making a thread. I was on a hunting trip with spotty service and couldn't get it to post. Thanks @FrankNicodemus for taking care of it. 

The Jaguars and Birds face off for the second time this year; this time with a lot more at stake. In the first matchup we saw a dominating performance by the Birds to start but then it turned into a shootout with the Birds holding on for the win. It will be interesting to see the adjustments the Birds make defensively to combat the Jags passing attack. 

As a Birds fan, it is awesome to be practicing on Thanksgiving again! 

Go Birds! 

• Like 6

• theguru changed the title to Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates

In Laws live in the Fort and close enough for some of us to walk down, which we will since my boys lost. It should be an environment reminiscent of pre-2000s high school football where it was maybe radio only and if you wanted to watch the game you had better be there. It’ll be packed for sure in my opinion. If Highlands is patient with running I think they’ll win.

Highlands has arguably the easiest road to the finals. They have to beat teams they've beaten, not travel once, and not had a physically challenging matchup. If RPI is so important and correct this should be another easy one correct? Only problem is Cooper keeps improving. It's all about winning the LOS and taking care of the ball.

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

Highlands has arguably the easiest road to the finals. They have to beat teams they've beaten, not travel once, and not had a physically challenging matchup. If RPI is so important and correct this should be another easy one correct? Only problem is Cooper keeps improving. It's all about winning the LOS and taking care of the ball.

I think most people agree that the RPI formula is flawed, and has been discussed on here before. With that said no matter what rating system is used, whoever is the number one team at the end of the regular season is going to given the “easier” path. It’s no different than other sports, the one seed is granted what is supposed to be the “easier” path. Highlands earned their path based off their regular season getting them the one ranking. Cooper earned their path here by knocking off two one seeds so far along the way. Both teams have earned their way to this opportunity, and should be a great game. 

• Like 6

Cooper was not able to run the ball in the last matchup. -14 Rushing Yards to be exact. However, O’Hara carved this defensive secondary up throwing for 550 Yards+ and 6 TD’s. Kid is a flat out stud. But I think the Birds defense will make the necessary adjustments and put together some stops in order for the offense to keep putting up points. Birds roll in dominate fashion in this one. 

This is honestly one game where nothing would surprise me.  Can Cooper stop the Birds run game?  Will Highlands realize that Cooper has some D1 WR's that need to be doubled and not left on an island like they did the first game?  

I'll take the Birds 40-25.  Their run game is just a freight train right now.  Can it be rainy and windy Friday night?

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic