Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Kenny Powers

Who wins?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2023 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

D1?  How many offers do they have and who from.  Are YOU qualified to determine who is and isn't. Has any college coaches visited these players? From over the years I heard that it's not a D1 offer unless you you sign on the dotted line. I think they don't signing the line until Feb..

Hope all these players get what they are hoping for, and finish the season injury free.

t't

They both have D1 offers, as does their QB. It’s not speculation. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

With some of these players, coaches, parents never being in this position before, semi-finals, hopefully the Friday night lights aren’t too big for them. When was the last time either of these programs played on the Friday after Thanksgiving? Been awhile I’m thinking! 

Highlands lost to Pulaski Co, Nov 27, 2015 in Semi-Sate at Highlands 31-41, would be the last time for the Birds.....

Has Cooper EVER been in the Semi's???

3 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Highlands lost to Pulaski Co, Nov 27, 2015 in Semi-Sate at Highlands 31-41, would be the last time for the Birds.....

I stand corrected....after some research found our answer:

Cooper lost to Pulaski Co, Nov 28, 2014 in Semifinals of 5A, 7-33......

cc: @TEDFROMVILLAHILLS

3 hours ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

With some of these players, coaches, parents never being in this position before, semi-finals, hopefully the Friday night lights aren’t too big for them. When was the last time either of these programs played on the Friday after Thanksgiving? Been awhile I’m thinking! 

Cannot like this post enough.  Some of the antics I witnessed in the stands last week were absolutely embarrassing.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

2 hours ago, BLUEHOUND said:

Cooper played for a state title in 2012 against Bowling Green. 

That 2015 Pulaski County at Highlands game was my first and only visit to Fort Thomas.  It is a really cool/unique field.  That Pulaski County team was really tough.  I believe Highlands turned the ball over at really tough times in the second half of that game, but they had a great team with Austin Hergott at QB. 

If you recall or were at that game, it started about 2:00 pm that afternoon.  I got to do the Daily Double and drove to BG about the 4th Quarter of this game.  I wish they still did that (play early games on Thanksgiving Weekend).  At Highlands, I got to meet LawnBoy and @gchs_uk9 and his dad.  Great people and atmosphere.

That 2012 Cooper team was also really tough.  It was a back-and-forth game in the championship with BG outlasting the Jaguars 34-20.

I'll be listening down in BG for updates on this one.  Watch the Sporting Times stream for the BG game if you like or check on here; I'll have updates on that game.

Good luck to both teams and no injuries!  Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

That 2015 Pulaski County at Highlands game was my first and only visit to Fort Thomas.  It is a really cool/unique field.  That Pulaski County team was really tough.  I believe Highlands turned the ball over at really tough times in the second half of that game, but they had a great team with Austin Hergott at QB. 

If you recall or were at that game, it started about 2:00 pm that afternoon.  I got to do the Daily Double and drove to BG about the 4th Quarter of this game.  I wish they still did that (play early games on Thanksgiving Weekend).  At Highlands, I got to meet LawnBoy and @gchs_uk9 and his dad.  Great people and atmosphere.

That 2012 Cooper team was also really tough.  It was a back-and-forth game in the championship with BG outlasting the Jaguars 34-20.

I'll be listening down in BG for updates on this one.  Watch the Sporting Times stream for the BG game if you like or check on here; I'll have updates on that game.

Good luck to both teams and no injuries!  Happy Thanksgiving!

I was at the game.....RB Nick Kendall was in beast mode all game for the Birds... 24 rushes 146 yds, 2 TDs on the ground PLUS 3 catches for 70 yds.....if my memory serves me correctly he caught a bomb like on 4th down and long to keep a drive alive at the end....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Hard to believe that was eight years ago. We went to Newport Catholic/Danville that night. I know it isn't really practical but I wish there were more semifinal doubleheaders on Thanksgiving Friday.

• Like 1

BG/O winner has their work cut out for them regardless of who wins this game. From this side of thinking it's hard to pick the one you'd rather see next week.

Can Cooper's top end talent overcome what I believe to be the better team in totality? I expect it to be a very physical evening on both ends.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic