Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Kenny Powers

Who wins?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2023 at 12:00 AM

I think Cooper is a much different team than the first matchup and I think they will contain Benke and Giesler a little better than last time and get the upset victory. Highlands is a great team but like has been mentioned they haven’t been tested and rightly so being the overall #1 seed in the class but sometimes that works to a disadvantage. Cooper has played 2 really good teams the last 2 weeks on the road and have passed those tests with flying colors. 

Cooper 35

Highlands 28

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

This is honestly one game where nothing would surprise me.  Can Cooper stop the Birds run game?  Will Highlands realize that Cooper has some D1 WR's that need to be doubled and not left on an island like they did the first game?  

I'll take the Birds 40-25.  Their run game is just a freight train right now.  Can it be rainy and windy Friday night?

Their Offensive Line is very big and mobile for a HS team. They are the reason that running game is so strong. Plus, Benke is a D1 tight end running from the QB position. If they line up and run it without trying to be cute they have an excellent chance of winning the whole thing. But.....you just never know.

• Like 1

Bought my tickets last night. This game has buzz around it that isn't that normal anymore. If Highlands stays patient and just pounds the ball, they'll win. If they get impatient and throw it around it'll allow Cooper to do what it did the last game. I have the Birds with the W.

• Like 1

There's nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. We learn in Football to get up and go and Friday Night will be an absolute treat to experience.

I am going with the Birds in a hard fought battle and then a 45 Day Dry-Aged Bone in Ribeye and Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee to close out the evening!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, Breds82 said:

In Laws live in the Fort and close enough for some of us to walk down, which we will since my boys lost. It should be an environment reminiscent of pre-2000s high school football where it was maybe radio only and if you wanted to watch the game you had better be there. It’ll be packed for sure in my opinion. If Highlands is patient with running I think they’ll win.

I live less than a mile from Highlands. Ft Thomas will be hopping this week! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

There's nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. We learn in Football to get up and go and Friday Night will be an absolute treat to experience.

I am going with the Birds in a hard fought battle and then a 45 Day Dry-Aged Bone in Ribeye and Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee to close out the evening!

Didn't know Ft. Thomas coffee was open that late and had that type of menu lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just received via email the reinforcement message regarding the Do's and Don'ts regarding noise makers, signage, balloons and music.

It also states the great message the Coach sent to the players and parents this weekend, "It is our obligation to be a positive role model for our kids, and we will represent our city, school and team in the right manner.  This week will be a great environment for football with a chance to play for a state title on the line. Let's make sure there aren't any issues that would take away from the experience!"  

I couldn't have said it better myself Coach!

Let's go Birds!  Pack the house!

It's only Monday and I am jacked up ready to roll!  Fire up the bus!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Didn't know Ft. Thomas coffee was open that late and had that type of menu lol.

Its The Pub, not Ft Thomas Coffee.  Flying in Wagyu beef from Japan to air-fry after the game to celebrate.  Also, heard a rumor that they may have Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon slushees as well!

• Haha 1

Here's my recipe to get ready for the big game on Friday.

Monday night film:  Varsity Blues (1999)

Tuesday night film:  Remember the Titans (2000)

Wednesday night film:  Wildcats (1986)

Thursday night film:  Friday Night Lights (2004)

I think I'll be ready on Friday for the real deal!!!!

Game prediction:

I'm going with the Birds with a nice comfortable win:  35-14!!!!

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 11:54 AM, throwback32 said:

This is honestly one game where nothing would surprise me.  Can Cooper stop the Birds run game?  Will Highlands realize that Cooper has some D1 WR's that need to be doubled and not left on an  like they did the first game? No islands in the 

I'll take the Birds 40-25.  Their run game is just a freight train right now.  Can it be rainy and windy Friday night?

D1?  How many offers do they have and who from.  Are YOU qualified to determine who is and isn't. Has any college coaches visited these players? From over the years I heard that it's not a D1 offer unless you you sign on the dotted line. I think they don't signing the line until Feb..

Hope all these players get what they are hoping for, and finish the season injury free.

t't

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

D1?  How many offers do they have and who from.  Are YOU qualified to determine who is and isn't. Has any college coaches visited these players? From over the years I heard that it's not a D1 offer unless you you sign on the dotted line. I think they don't signing the line until Feb..

Hope all these players get what they are hoping for, and finish the season injury free.

t't

Do you doubt that Isaiah Johnson and Austin Alexander are D1 pass catchers????

If you do, then we haven’t watched the same 2 kids.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

Do you doubt that Isaiah Johnson and Austin Alexander are D1 pass catchers????

If you do, then we haven’t watched the same 2 kids.

They will be D1 players....  Alexander will be a P5 - D1 player, if he wants to go that route.

Both studs....

I understood what you meant :)

• theguru changed the title to Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic