Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 125 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/25/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, theguru said:

The 2012 was very good.  The 2014 team is foggy in my memory.

2014 a very good team that  blew out their opponent in the regional championship before losing to Pulaski County in semifinals. Then basically returned the whole team in 2015 when they made the jump to 6A and lost in the regional championship to Simon Kenton on the last play of the game when Cooper went for a two point conversion to win the game that SK stopped. 

  • Replies 212
  • Views 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    I think most people agree that the RPI formula is flawed, and has been discussed on here before. With that said no matter what rating system is used, whoever is the number one team at the end of the r

  • Brennan_Bucher
    Brennan_Bucher

    Semi Finals Week! The Jags come to town to take on Highlands in a BIG time matchup! If you need a place to tune for a free broadcast, FT Film and Broadcast has you covered! Check out the link below. K

  • I think Cooper is a much different team than the first matchup and I think they will contain Benke and Giesler a little better than last time and get the upset victory. Highlands is a great team but l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I heard about the email that was sent out as well. Have no clue what happened last week (besides the air horns) but at least the energy is back. As long as it’s all in clean fun let it be. It makes the environment that much more exciting. Big decision is to walk five miles one way or get dropped off Friday night. It’ll be a packed house from what I’m hearing. Good luck to both teams.

Someone must have not got any cake or blue kool-aid! 

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

I want to talk about the game!

Anyone think Highlands is underestimating Cooper? 

Highlands the team and coaching staff? Not a chance.

Highlands the fans? Absolutely. 

When Highlands came to Cooper, there were a group of about 10 loudmouth fans (with at least one air horn in the group) that would address the cooper crowd more than cheer for their own team. Other than that, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary out of their group. 

 

I don't see Highlands going straight man to man this time. And that will open up some room for the run for cooper. On the other side, I think Cooper is going to have to force Highlands to beat them with the pass. If Cooper isn't able to stop the run this time, Highlands won't make the same mistake they made in September. 

If I'm Cooper, getting Keagan Maher involved is a priority. He's been great since Highlands kept him in the red last time. The Jags completely abandoned the run that night. In fairness, when your runs are going backwards and you've got O'Hara, Johnson, and Alexander, I understand the temptation to let it fly.

I don't see Highlands letting the same game plan beat them in the rematch. More attention on Johnson and Alexander should create more opportunities for Maher. He catches the ball well out of the backfield. I think a Cooper win would have his fingerprints on it.

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

If I'm Cooper, getting Keagan Maher involved is a priority. He's been great since Highlands kept him in the red last time. The Jags completely abandoned the run that night. In fairness, when your runs are going backwards and you've got O'Hara, Johnson, and Alexander, I understand the temptation to let it fly.

I don't see Highlands letting the same game plan beat them in the rematch. More attention on Johnson and Alexander should create more opportunities for Maher. He catches the ball well out of the backfield. I think a Cooper win would have his fingerprints on it.

O'Hara needs to throw to other receivers besides them. 

Tickets are going fast for this game. Luckily I found one on seat geek with a complimentary air horn. Probably will sell the air horn on Craigslist to pay for the ticket. 

I don't see the birds overlooking this game but Cooper will be ready. The birds just need to come out and set the tone right away. Not sure how good Southwestern was but I thought Cooper would roll in that game but had to win it in the last few minutes. 

5 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Someone must have not got any cake or blue kool-aid! 

Plenty of C-A-K-E will be served on Friday Night. Would you care for BLUE or WHITE?  Oh and SPRINKLES. Too? Walking through Ft. Thomas because you had to park so far away? Enjoy the beautiful homes, traditions, and the reasons we love our City. 

9 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

Plenty of C-A-K-E will be served on Friday Night. Would you care for BLUE or WHITE?  Oh and SPRINKLES. Too? Walking through Ft. Thomas because you had to park so far away? Enjoy the beautiful homes, traditions, and the reasons we love our City. 

T-Y-P-I-C-A-L

9 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

Plenty of C-A-K-E will be served on Friday Night. Would you care for BLUE or WHITE?  Oh and SPRINKLES. Too? Walking through Ft. Thomas because you had to park so far away? Enjoy the beautiful homes, traditions, and the reasons we love our City. 

I might make the trip out and watch this one.

Now entering from the Avenue of Champions: THE Mighty Bluebirds......  Everywhere we go everywhere we go, people want to know, people want to know who we are, who we are, so we tell them, so we tell them..... We are the Bluebirds the mighty mighty Bluebirds.  #GO BIRDS!!!!!  

 

On 11/20/2023 at 1:03 PM, throwback32 said:

Its The Pub, not Ft Thomas Coffee.  Flying in Wagyu beef from Japan to air-fry after the game to celebrate.  Also, heard a rumor that they may have Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon slushees as well!

What a horrible waste of good bourbon.  ?

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Now entering from the Avenue of Champions: THE Mighty Bluebirds......  Everywhere we go everywhere we go, people want to know, people want to know who we are, who we are, so we tell them, so we tell them..... We are the Bluebirds the mighty mighty Bluebirds.  #GO BIRDS!!!!!  

 

Amazing how that bandwagon fills up when the talent level improves isn't it Frank? The Birds line play is what separates them from the other teams. Really big and fairly quick and fast(big difference between the two for linemen). That guy they hired that left after that two day stint is having a nice year too.

On 11/20/2023 at 1:03 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

Just received via email the reinforcement message regarding the Do's and Don'ts regarding noise makers, signage, balloons and music.

It also states the great message the Coach sent to the players and parents this weekend, "It is our obligation to be a positive role model for our kids, and we will represent our city, school and team in the right manner.  This week will be a great environment for football with a chance to play for a state title on the line. Let's make sure there aren't any issues that would take away from the experience!"  

I couldn't have said it better myself Coach!

Let's go Birds!  Pack the house!

It's only Monday and I am jacked up ready to roll!  Fire up the bus!  

 

What is the rule on air horns, noise makers, etc?

There were multiple games last week that I am aware of with air horns. I wonder if this week's knee pads issue from KHSAA/officials is going to be noisemakers.

There may always be bandwagon types when things are good, but that word and @FrankNicodemus shouldn't be in the same post.  His fandom runs deep.  

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Amazing how that bandwagon fills up when the talent level improves isn't it Frank? The Birds line play is what separates them from the other teams. Really big and fairly quick and fast(big difference between the two for linemen). That guy they hired that left after that two day stint is having a nice year too.

So when the team is really good people believe they’re going win more? Weird. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.