Everything posted by jeff jackson
-
Ranking the Finals Teams
I'd still give the edge to Boyle Co & S Warren over Owensboro.
-
Ranking the Finals Teams
Trinity Boyle Co CAL S Warren Owensboro LCA Franklin Co OB Catholic Pulaski Co Murray KCD Raceland
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 42 Murray 7 (3A State Championship)
What radio station is covering the game?
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 42 Murray 7 (3A State Championship)
Yes, this is correct. That's a huge blow to any chance they may have had. Robbins is a guy who can go out and make big plays while the back up is more just a facilitator for the offense. Without Robbins, the Tigers will have to rely on that big OL to move the chains and shorten the game as much as possible. That's a tall task against a stout CAL D.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 33 Owensboro Catholic 28 (2A State Championship)
Edge could have made a difference in getting the Aces over the hump, but, there's bumps, bruises and dings on every team this part of the season. You just gotta have that next man up mentality and move on. IMO, LCA was the most complete team in 2a this year, followed by OB Cath, Belfry, Beechwood, Mayfield and Somerset, in that order. There was a big drop off after these 6. As strong as these top 6 were, 2a was very top heavy.
-
Boyle County 34 Franklin County 0 (4A State Championship)
Any radio coverage on this one?
-
Lexington Christian Academy 33 Owensboro Catholic 28 (2A State Championship)
is there any free radio broadcast of this game?
-
Lexington Christian Academy 34 Belfry 29
Both teams have a reputation.. The players on LCA and the fanbase on OBC. Although I don't fault the kids on how the fans act. I really don't blame the LCA kids. The coaches allow it, so, they have to take some of the responsibility.
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 42 Murray 7 (3A State Championship)
Has anyone heard if Robbins will or won't be available for the title game. I don't think Murray has any shot without him.
-
State Championship Predictions
Raceland LCA CAL Boyle Co Owensboro Trinity
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 42 Murray 7 (3A State Championship)
In most people's mind, CAL is going to win this one going away. I agree they should be the clear cut favorite, but, I could also see Murray making this game a lot more competitive than most think. They have the type of offense that can keep the chains moving and shorten the game. They'll need to do that and also catch a break or 2 with some CAL turnovers, penalties, etc. to give them a legit shot.
-
Owensboro Catholic 41 Beechwood 40
Most Beechwood fans expected a 3 to 4 TD victory with several even calling for a running clock. Many neutral fans jumped on the hype and the Aces were given very little chance to compete toe to toe much less actually win. Not only did they compete, they clearly looked like the better team and the final score was closer than it should have been. Someone even said that regardless of how close the top 5 teams were in the rankings, there should have been more separation, basically saying the Tigers weren't getting enough credit and were substantially better than the other mentioned teams. Truth be told, they only played 2 good teams all year and they both exposed their defense in a big way. Don't get me wrong, they're a solid team, just not what they were hyped to be. The final RPI ranking may have been more accurate than most chose to believe.
-
How good was Owenboro Catholic quarterback Dre'Mail Carothers?
He was good, but, his OL needs a lot of credit for how he looked.
-
Murray 27 Lloyd Memorial 20
This game was won in the trenches. Kudos to the Tigers for digging deep after there star QB went down with an injury and still able to retake the momentum. There OL was dominant and opened huge holes, especially late when they needed to hold onto the ball and move the chains. I hope Robbins is good to go next week. They're going to be facing an uphill battle next week as it is, but, it'll be near impossible if he's unable to go.
-
Murray 27 Lloyd Memorial 20
Murrays OL is the difference in this one. They're blowing Lloyds DL off the ball. If they would just run the ball, they'd be up another 7-14 points
-
Murray 27 Lloyd Memorial 20
These 2 teams have a lot of similarities. In past years, Murray and Lloyd played in 2a and neither could get over the hump vs Mayfield and Beechwood. Now that they've moved out of 2a with those 2 teams, they'll likely make a few more runs like this.
-
Owensboro Catholic 41 Beechwood 40
Beechies - 42 Aces- 28
-
State Championship Predictions
1a - Raceland over KCD 2a - LCA over Beechwood 3a - CAL over Murray 4a - Boyle Co over Tilghman 5a - Atherton over Woodford Co 6a - Trinity over S Warren
-
Franklin County 21 Paducah Tilghman 14
I fully expect Franklin will come out of the gate strong and build an early lead. The Tornados have been prone to a slow start this year and then eventually find their footing. Can they keep the score respectable until they get it going. That's my biggest question. Both teams have given up points on a higher rate than they should and both these teams are better offensively than defensively. This will likely be a high scoring affair. I like PT in this game if they minimize the penalties and mistakes that have plagued them this year. If not, Franklin will prevail. I think PT wins a close one 37-35, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.
-
Owensboro Catholic 41 Beechwood 40
You may be right, but, I'd say LCA will be the favorite against Belfry and I'm not real sure it'll be that close.
-
Owensboro Catholic 41 Beechwood 40
I think Beechwood should be a slight favorite here. Home field advantage for the Aces make this a relatively even match up. I think they are about evenly matched offensively. I'd give the Tigers the advantage defensively although I think OBC's run game could have some success which could open up the passing game. If they can't be at least somewhat effective running the ball, B'wood will likely come out on top. You aren't going to beat the Tigers being one dimensional. I feel it'll be a fairly high scoring affair. I see it something like 35-28, either way.
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 56 Bell County 20
I think Bell keeps it closer than most expect, but, CAL still manages to come out on top. CAL 23 Bell Co 14
-
Pulaski County 17 Atherton 0
I think Atherton's ability on offense will surprise in this one and for the most part, the Atherton D isn't going to give up much. I'll take Atherton 28-14
-
Lexington Christian Academy 34 Belfry 29
Give me LCA at home, 35-14
-
Murray 27 Lloyd Memorial 20
I really like this Murray team offensively. They have shown some deficiencies defensively, but, have still found ways to win the games when the D is struggling. They have really good size and athleticism in the o-line and the skill positions are solid. The QB is one of the best in the state. He can sling it all over the field with precision and if a D over pursues, he has no problem using his running ability to pick up 1st downs and moving the chains. IMO, if Lloyd is to win this game, they need to be able to consistently run the ball and move the chains and then manage to at least win a few battles on the defensive end. I expect Murray to at least score 4 TDs, so, the Juggs will need to be somewhat effective offensively to keep pace. Not sure they can do that.. I'll take the Tigers in the one. I'll say 28-14