Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County 17 Atherton 0

Who wins? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

In the words of Nino Brown himself.. what they gon say now?? Atherton finally received their first test since Manual, and boy did they pass it with flying colors. A running clock on defending state champs Bowling Green in a game that was never close. Their defense is the star of the show, and the offense has complimented them nicely. Good run games, stifling D, two recipes for playoff success. 

And that’s something Pulaski County is familiar with as well. Coach Burns has the maroons back practicing on Thanksgiving in year 2. They all ran clock in the region, this one over West Jessamine. They had two defensive TDs and Ford and Finley lived in the Colts backfield. 

This should be a true battle come Friday. Who y’all like??

  • Replies 95
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Carl Spackler
    Carl Spackler

    I get what you are saying about Bowling Green not having a typical Bowling Green Season. But the teams that beat Bowling Green this season have a combined record of 81-9.  All of them except for Scott

  • Too many people are picking the A train, Scram!!    

  • Nothing like seeing new teams rise up in Kentucky high school football.

Posted Images

I'll go with Atherton in a close one. Just an impressive win over BG.

As impressive a win as it was for Atherton, I'm not sure most were sold on BG this season. Obviously a strong team with experience in the big games but it never truly felt like this was their year. For Atherton you hope they aren't relying on fools gold going into a game with Pulaski. On tape Pulaski has athletes all over the field and a QB that can get it to them, and their offensive line takes pride in blocking which stands out. Atherton has been a model of consistency on the defensive side of the ball and have performed well in crunch time against some decent competition. I think for me I want to stick with consistency and if Atherton is to advance, it will be an all 3 phases have to show up type game. This may be one of the most entertaining games this week. Atherton in a low scoring slugfest of a game.

Atherton by a lot. To beat Atherton you gotta have size AND speed. Pulaski has one of the two. 

I think Atherton wins. 

Random question about Atherton RB Du Zye Grundy (unbelievable talent) …

Does anyone know if this young man is related to Anthony Grundy (RIP) that was from Louisville? 

4 hours ago, CoachStew said:

As impressive a win as it was for Atherton, I'm not sure most were sold on BG this season. Obviously a strong team with experience in the big games but it never truly felt like this was their year. For Atherton you hope they aren't relying on fools gold going into a game with Pulaski. On tape Pulaski has athletes all over the field and a QB that can get it to them, and their offensive line takes pride in blocking which stands out. Atherton has been a model of consistency on the defensive side of the ball and have performed well in crunch time against some decent competition. I think for me I want to stick with consistency and if Atherton is to advance, it will be an all 3 phases have to show up type game. This may be one of the most entertaining games this week. Atherton in a low scoring slugfest of a game.

I totally get the sentiment and as an opposing rival to BG, I might of have had some BG ptsd from prior years so that might be why I was holding them to a high regard. But to beat BG the way they did, not even St. X or a loaded CAL could blow the game open the way that Atherton did. It was complete domination in every aspect of the game. I’m not sure Pulaski has the horses to keep pace with Atherton. If Atherton scores 21 or more they win from here on out. I’m not sure any team left can score more than 21 against them. How is Pulaski going to stop Hobbs?

We played these two in 7/7 at EKU and they played each other also. Both have great athleticism and I look for this to be a close game!!  Good luck to both!

How does Atherton compare to South Warren? 

Pulaski will need to start like they did vs Highlands last year but hopefully learn from that experience and avoid turnovers. Cannot hurt that it’s going to be on their home turf. They have played a tougher schedule as well.  Pulaski will go as far as Brock can take them. 

I believe that this is going to be a very good game, maybe one of the better of all games left. Either team winning wouldn’t surprise me. Good luck to both teams in what should be a battle.

1 hour ago, catfan09 said:

How does Atherton compare to South Warren? 

They both handled BG the same way. I’d say SW is more disciplined but Atherton is more talented, by a decent margin at that.

I don't want to discredit anything that Atherton has accomplished this year. They have been a solid team. Good speed, and athletes all over the field. But as someone said earlier, beating BG this year, could be fool's gold. This BG team was not the BG team that we have come to know over the last decade. So, I'm not sure how much stock I put in that game.

PC beat Corbin who put an absolutely beat down on Highlands, in their house. PC has played a much tougher schedule as has previously been stated. Plus, Coach Burns has been here, and done this, and has the rings to prove it. I think that is something that cannot be overstated. Pulaski has size, and enough speed I think to get it done. I do think this will be a solid game, but I think the dream season for Atherton comes to an end at PC. I do think this game will be close but Coach Burns will take PC to Lexington to go Krogering!

I think Atherton's ability on offense will surprise in this one and for the most part, the Atherton D isn't going to give up much. I'll take Atherton 28-14

Atherton has achieved a running clock in 8 of their matchups this season including all three playoff games so far. They began the year holding Boyle County scoreless and knocked off every county team that said they’d take the Ravens down, including a running clock on North Oldham in the KSR game of the week. 
 

No brakes on the A Train. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.