Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 190 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic (13-0)
      54%
    • Paducah Tilghman (13-0)
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The schedule catches up to Paducah this week. Haven’t played a good team since September 1st. Long way to not have your starters tested or having played a full competitive game. 

  • Replies 299
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • bluecolonels95
    bluecolonels95

    I don’t think either team or coach is underestimating the other team. They both know it will be a battle. Their both 13-0 for a reason. 

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    ? Fun facts re Blue Tornado PK/P Shep Esper: ?% He has never missed a PAT, a perfect 99/99. 2023 - 96/96; 2022 - 1/1; 2021 - 2/2.  ? Esper's 99 consecutive PATs made is #2 on the all-time li

  • Put it this way, I already have the NFHS and I am paying extra to get it directly from CovCath.  You won't be disappointed and it is very professional, almost like a college broadcast. 

Posted Images

If you haven’t seen this Paducah Tilghman team you’ve been missing out, easily the most explosive offense I’ve seen in the past decade. They have playmakers everywhere (Martels Carter will be playing on Sundays), a QB who can get them the ball, and a big blue wall in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Not too familiar with the team up north, knowing their program rich program history I won’t be shocked if they do put the clamps on this PT team who hasn’t played anyone of this caliber, but they better have the speed to keep up.
 

With that being said I like the Blue Tornado this Friday night in a close shootout and I’ll even go as far and say they’ll bring home the 4A state title.

 

PT 49 Cov Cath 40

I don't expect a blow out by either team. Tilghman has corrected a lot of the early-season mistakes they kept making, so they have really improved a lot as the season moved forward. I've seen them a lot this season and they look really tuned-up to keep moving forward.

15 hours ago, Astro Domino said:

Paducah wins this game by 2 TDs. CovCath hasn’t seen anyone like Martels Carter all season. Nowhere near his talent. He will be the difference in this game.

CovCath has seen plenty of “athletes” this year. Certainly all out of district games. CoVCath can control the game on the ground and they have one of the best DCs in the state. It could be close but I’m taking CovCath to win.

Still absolutely blows my mind that KY allows state semi-final games at non-neutral sites.  What an incredible advantage for the home team.

Good luck to both PT and CovCath.  Hope everyone stays healthy and the weather cooperates.

-CardinalsFan

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

CovCath has seen plenty of “athletes” this year. Certainly all out of district games. CoVCath can control the game on the ground and they have one of the best DCs in the state. It could be close but I’m taking CovCath to win.

I’m sure they have. Once again I’ll say they haven’t seen a kid like this. There’s 2 kids on that level in the state. Carter from Paducah and Quis from Boyle County. I have no doubt that Covington Catholic can win this game but it still doesn’t change the fact of how athletically superior the kid from Paducah is.

1 hour ago, Astro Domino said:

I’m sure they have. Once again I’ll say they haven’t seen a kid like this. There’s 2 kids on that level in the state. Carter from Paducah and Quis from Boyle County. I have no doubt that Covington Catholic can win this game but it still doesn’t change the fact of how athletically superior the kid from Paducah is.

Nobody from Covington Catholic is saying anything bad about Carter. He can flat out play and the Colonels will need to be aware of him at all times.

I can't wait to see Martels Carter play on Friday night -- his list of offers is nothing short of wildly impressive!  Kid is clearly special.

I'm sure CovCath will need to be at their absolute best on Friday night get the win.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:52 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:


We know how @Mr. Neutral is going to be voting in the poll.

Absolutely!!!

48 minutes ago, Mr. Neutral said:

Absolutely!!!

On the issue of PT, in general and vs CovCath, you don't appear to be manifesting your name all that well.  ?

On 11/18/2023 at 11:40 AM, TylerDurden said:

So they have a lot of penalties on the regular? I was watching the game last night and was shaking my head how many times they were flagged. At least 5 flags were for movement before the snap, which is a coaching/discipline issue. No more, no less.

On Tilghman's second or third offensive possession they must have gone 30 yards backwards. It would have been more like 45 or 50 yards backwards but the last 3 penalties were only able to back them up half the distance to the goal line.

Yeah the penalties are the only thing that worry me for PT. Their emotions get the best of them at times. I really think Paducah wins this game in a high scoring match up. Paducah needs to run the ball more in this game. 

18 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

On the issue of PT, in general and vs CovCath, you don't appear to be manifesting your name all that well.  ?

You’re absolutely right. I’m Mayfield fan first but after the MAY/PT game, I’m always rooting for the western KY teams.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Mr. Neutral said:

You’re absolutely right. I’m Mayfield fan first but after the MAY/PT game, I’m always rooting for the western KY teams.

Not a single thing wrong with that, either! I'd suspect that's how a whole lot of us tend to root for things...home team first, "local teams" second, teams from the Bluegrass third.

Of all the players I have watched this year, the WR/S Carter for PT has been the best. He is a 4 star and will show you why he is the best KY has to offer this year.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.