Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 190 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic (13-0)
      54%
    • Paducah Tilghman (13-0)
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Outside of Mayfield and PT, the far west is very weak.  McCracken has moved down a tier, and even when they had those "good" teams in their early years they didn't make any significant playoff noise.  Other than Graves Co's one title game appearance, they are average on an annual basis.  Murray is middling.  Hopkinsville/Christian Co fell of the map of competitiveness.  Marshall Co hasn't been consistently good since the 90's.  Calloway is in the same boat as Marshall.  That's it.  Two teams.  And Mayfield and PT are stuck playing alot of these teams simply from a geographic and financial perspective.

I watched CCH/Beechwood game online.  CCH showed fortitude coming back from being down 21-0.  Those QB runs in the second half, combined with Beechwood stalling on offense, helped them pull out the win.  It was either team's game though.

I watched Mayfield/PT game in person.  PT has the reputation of letting their frustration get the better of them in close games with penalties.  There were several pivotal plays in the second half to swing the momentum, and Mayfield had chances but couldn't take advantage.  PT did exactly that and put a firm grip on all the big plays in the 4th quarter and took that game.

I honestly think this game is a tossup.  I give PT the higher ceiling, but I give CCH the higher floor.  Both very good teams.  I would say I will try and watch it on my phone, but I will have all my attention on the field at War Memorial.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • bluecolonels95
    bluecolonels95

    I don’t think either team or coach is underestimating the other team. They both know it will be a battle. Their both 13-0 for a reason. 

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    ? Fun facts re Blue Tornado PK/P Shep Esper: ?% He has never missed a PAT, a perfect 99/99. 2023 - 96/96; 2022 - 1/1; 2021 - 2/2.  ? Esper's 99 consecutive PATs made is #2 on the all-time li

  • Put it this way, I already have the NFHS and I am paying extra to get it directly from CovCath.  You won't be disappointed and it is very professional, almost like a college broadcast. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, colonel-fan said:

Does Tilghman have a radio station that broadcasts their games?

Yes it’s 94.3 in Paducah.  And you can get it online too

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Curious: what does #WASTWND, mean?

My guess: Win Another State Title With No Doubt…

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Curious: what does #WASTWND, mean?

With a Spirit that Will Not Die.

101 to 82 CCH in the poll. 

The weather is going to feel like the mid to high 20s for the game, that's cold!

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

The weather is going to feel like the mid to high 20s for the game, that's cold!

Yikes. 

Just now, TheConch said:

Yikes. 

It will be 70 and humid here at the command center. 

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

It will be 70 and humid here at the command center. 

Going to be tough stepping out of Saddle before kickoff into the dark and dreary night but must abandon my post before it’s overrun with Red. 

@FrankNicodemusjust asked the same question I was thinking in the Cooper/Highlands thread. Does this cold weather favor the Colonels significantly as the Blue Tornadoes want to throw throw throw?

Just now, TilghmanPride said:

If someone were to choose between NFHS or the Covington Catholic website to purchase their stream from, what would be your best option? 

I'm sure some have watched games on both I would think. 

CovCath and there is no debate about this.  All the NFHS will be is a lesser version of what you are buying from CovCath. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.