Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 190 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic (13-0)
      54%
    • Paducah Tilghman (13-0)
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I was wrong on CC last week against JC. This game is so intriguing and I think it has the potential to be the best game of the entire semi-finals.

Can CC slow down the PT passing game? PT has played no one near CovCath’s talent since the Mayfield game, which could ultimately will play a factor in this one.

 

PT-42

CovCath-38. 

  • Replies 299
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • bluecolonels95
    bluecolonels95

    I don’t think either team or coach is underestimating the other team. They both know it will be a battle. Their both 13-0 for a reason. 

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    ? Fun facts re Blue Tornado PK/P Shep Esper: ?% He has never missed a PAT, a perfect 99/99. 2023 - 96/96; 2022 - 1/1; 2021 - 2/2.  ? Esper's 99 consecutive PATs made is #2 on the all-time li

  • Put it this way, I already have the NFHS and I am paying extra to get it directly from CovCath.  You won't be disappointed and it is very professional, almost like a college broadcast. 

Posted Images

Avi Starks went down early in the 2nd half with an ankle and it looked pretty bad - he couldn’t put any weight on it. He is PT’s leading receiver but they have several more excellent WRs. C4 has a ton of speed, LaFont seems to catch everything, and Campbell and Perry are very athletic. A Soph Brown came in after Starks was out and had two really nice catches.

How is Cov Cath’s secondary?  PT lines up with 4 WRs pretty much every play. 

11 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

I was wrong on CC last week against JC. This game is so intriguing and I think it has the potential to be the best game of the entire semi-finals.

Can CC slow down the PT passing game? PT has played no one near CovCath’s talent since the Mayfield game, which could ultimately will play a factor in this one.

 

PT-42

CovCath-38. 

I like the score prediction, could see whoever wins being by this or a very similar margin. This one does have the potential to be pretty high scoring.

One way bus ride for PT?  Something like 5 1/2 or 6 hours?

  • Author
33 minutes ago, 111 said:

One way bus ride for PT?  Something like 5 1/2 or 6 hours?

Without traffic I've made it from NKY to Paducah in 5 hours. In a bus, it's probably 45 minutes to an hour longer.

The good folks from Beechie Tech will be making the same basic drive in the opposite direction on Friday.

PT 17

CC 35

I may have fat fingered the vote on the poll and voted for PT by mistake. 
 

I believe Cov Cath controls this game from start to finish. 

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

PT 17

CC 35

I may have fat fingered the vote on the poll and voted for PT by mistake. 
 

I believe Cov Cath controls this game from start to finish. 

I would be shocked if CC holds PT to 17 points. 

9 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

That Blue Tornado offense is potent. 35-21 PT.

Highest scoring offense in the entire state at 51.8 points per game.

Also, widest average scoring margin at 39.9 points per game.

These resilient Colonels have been challenged all year and have responded to every test. Pitzer needs to continue to be surgical. Willie has to continue his dominant play that he has exhibited all year. Our receiving corp needs to play the way they have all season; explosive while creating in space. Leen needs to run hard as usual and our line needs to pave the way for him and protect Pitzer. Simply put: if we play our game, we will pull this out and head to state.

Colonels by a TD.

RALLY ‘ROUND!

 

Paducah wins this game by 2 TDs. CovCath hasn’t seen anyone like Martels Carter all season. Nowhere near his talent. He will be the difference in this game.

The schedules look like the Colonels have been tested a lot more.   Recently Ashland certainly tested the pass D and JC tested the run D.   That preparation and home field hopefully carry the day.  

PT has everything they need to win a state title. That is also true of the other teams still contending in 4A. The question for both teams will be not be who has the biggest strength/ advantage it will be who can expose the others weakness. I have watched very little Cov Cath this year. For PT they have really good size up front but I am not sure they can control the OL to establish a consistent running game against good competition. So being one dimensional I think could be a weakness.

The long trip will also be a factor. It is nice that school is out so atleast you can leave Paducah as needed. 

My guess is a really fun and competitive 34-24 game with the home team winning. But I really hope that I am wrong. Neutral field I would take PT. 

19 minutes ago, Socially Distanced said:

PT has everything they need to win a state title. That is also true of the other teams still contending in 4A. The question for both teams will be not be who has the biggest strength/ advantage it will be who can expose the others weakness. I have watched very little Cov Cath this year. For PT they have really good size up front but I am not sure they can control the OL to establish a consistent running game against good competition. So being one dimensional I think could be a weakness.

The long trip will also be a factor. It is nice that school is out so atleast you can leave Paducah as needed. 

My guess is a really fun and competitive 34-24 game with the home team winning. But I really hope that I am wrong. Neutral field I would take PT. 

We definitely can run the ball when needed. The back is a sophomore with an 1000 yards and averages 7-8 yards a carry . I don’t believe that’s our weakness.

PT's QB is a really nice player. We're going to need to change up the coverages a little more than what we normally do and be able to generate pressure with our front 4 to get him uncomfortable. Hoping to see more twists and games as well as really cut Rodriguez loose as an edge rusher. TB usually has a pretty good gameplan, but will need to be on his A game this week. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.