Mayfield 42 Murray 20

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Sure was more of a struggle than I expected. But at playoff tournament time, the W is all that matters.

Not the same team we faced a few weeks ago. They had a qb this time. Still the same defense, which is not very good. We didn't match their intensity at the start of the game and they got off to good start. We have to be better next week.

Murray tried to hold on but the Cardinals were just too much! The game was 28-20 with 8 mins to go in the game. 

I don’t believe many were expecting a struggle tonight.  Mayfield’s experience showed.

Congrats to Mayfield!! Should be a great game next week vs LCA.

I have to say Murray has two Uber talented 6’5/6’6 receivers that any QB in the entire state would love to be throwing to. I honestly can’t remember a duo of that stature and that talented off the top of my head. Murray controlled the clock for the most part and put up a great fight. Mayfield was just too much offensively when they could finally get the ball in their hands. Great game by both teams.

I’ll start by saying Starks had a great game and Mayfield did a good job of pulling it out late. Murray won a ton of one on one matchups in the passing game. I’ve never seen Biggers giving up passes like that and #1 too. Murray also did a pretty good job at running right at Mayfield. This game was 28-20 real late in the game and Murray made a mistake of not fielding a punt and letting it roll deep. It would’ve put Murray near midfield and if they pick up a first down and get the clock going and some momentum it may have got real dicey. 
Mayfield did what they do a great job of and make you pay for your mistakes  and scored back to back quick to put it away late. 
I will say this, if LCA is the team we think they are, Mayfield better get better quick, fast and in a hurry. Murray earned a lot of respect IMO that was probably lacking.

• Like 3

They will beat Mayfield next year for sure and probably the year after that...Murray had no fear in them against Mayfield and were confident because of their coach...nobody has mentioned the coaching job this guy has done from helping the kids get recruited to his coaching strategy.  I didn't understand why Mayfield never gave # 1 some help. Biggers done good enough other than the one TD and 7 did catch 1 that Biggers had actually batted down but I think that maybe the only TD reception hes given up in 4 years. Even when Murray almost scored before halftime Mayfield was still basically playing man to man and #1  got a pass interference call. Murray was not going to let Biggers beat them over the top so they basically doubled teamed him with safety over top BUT when they couldn't stop the run and the safety started to creep down Mayfield should of hit Biggers on the fly route...A new coaching sheriff is in town. 

5 minutes ago, DaTruth said:

They will beat Mayfield next year for sure and probably the year after that...Murray had no fear in them against Mayfield and were confident because of their coach...nobody has mentioned the coaching job this guy has done from helping the kids get recruited to his coaching strategy.  I didn't understand why Mayfield never gave # 1 some help. Biggers done good enough other than the one TD and 7 did catch 1 that Biggers had actually batted down but I think that maybe the only TD reception hes given up in 4 years. Even when Murray almost scored before halftime Mayfield was still basically playing man to man and #1  got a pass interference call. Murray was not going to let Biggers beat them over the top so they basically doubled teamed him with safety over top BUT when they couldn't stop the run and the safety started to creep down Mayfield should of hit Biggers on the fly route...A new coaching sheriff is in town. 

You don’t have a clue. 

• Confused 1

Mayfield fans said that in 2020 when Murray send them home in 2nd round...shaking my head...losing 15 or 16 seniors and Murray playing mostly freshman and sophomores and will have best player on field in #7...who don't have a clue

Zane was 14/15 in the first Murray game.  They were not going to let him beat them this time around.  Murray actually sacked hime twice in the 2nd half at crucial times when the Cardinals were driving.

But pick your poison!!  Juju went off and that was the difference last night. 

I will say, Murray’s starters consist of 3 fresh, 3 soph, 1 Jr on defense. 3 fresh, 2 soph, 2 Jr on Offense. The 8th grade Oline averaged 6ft 250 lbs 3 are playing FBU.  There is a lot of excitement in Murray but you have to develop the kids to continue to grow!

9 minutes ago, DaTruth said:

Mayfield fans said that in 2020 when Murray send them home in 2nd round...shaking my head...losing 15 or 16 seniors and Murray playing mostly freshman and sophomores and will have best player on field in #7...who don't have a clue

You’re a secret Murray guy. All season all you’ve talked about is Biggers. 
By the way Murray has a pitiful defense and that will have to fixed before they can compete with a Mayfield. 

4 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

You’re a secret Murray guy. All season all you’ve talked about is Biggers. 
By the way Murray has a pitiful defense and that will have to fixed before they can compete with a Mayfield. 

I'm a person that has won state football championship,  played college football and have some knowledge of X and Os...I call out the truth without being biased...nothing to be secret about...if I say something that isn't the truth just let me know please....oh and if I am a secret Murray fan I will just say this...if Murray still have Biggers they beat Mayfield again this year giving them 3 wins against Mayfield....