Mayfield 42 Murray 20

We said before the game that Mayfield is much older and stronger team. They have a man child 5th year RB who was the difference vs Murray defense that is littered with freshman and sophomores. That defense will only get stronger and better. I’m just not sure what happened to all those running clock, jv second half, Murray hasn’t improved comments. 
I hope Mayfield wakes up gets it back the next few weeks because they didn’t play championship football last night. Good luck to the Cards!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

We said before the game that Mayfield is much older and stronger team. They have a man child 5th year RB who was the difference vs Murray defense that is littered with freshman and sophomores. That defense will only get stronger and better. I’m just not sure what happened to all those running clock, jv second half, Murray hasn’t improved comments. 
I hope Mayfield wakes up gets it back the next few weeks because they didn’t play championship football last night. Good luck to the Cards!

Murray had a good game plan against Mayfield, they held the ball till the last second, had a qb who did a decent job and they ran the ball at times pretty good. The future is better at Murray.

But the road to the district goes through Mayfield.

31 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Zane was 14/15 in the first Murray game.  They were not going to let him beat them this time around.  Murray actually sacked hime twice in the 2nd half at crucial times when the Cardinals were driving.

But pick your poison!!  Juju went off and that was the difference last night. 

I will say, Murray’s starters consist of 3 fresh, 3 soph, 1 Jr on defense. 3 fresh, 2 soph, 2 Jr on Offense. The 8th grade Oline averaged 6ft 250 lbs 3 are playing FBU.  There is a lot of excitement in Murray but you have to develop the kids to continue to grow!

Mayfield has lots of good young players too. You just don't see them.....yet.

56 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Mayfield has lots of good young players too. You just don't see them.....yet.

Like I mentioned before, Cardinals are great at developing players. It’s the culture. No doubt about that. Josiah could be the next great RB there. #44 will be stout and a couple of Oline kids that are huge!  Mayfield is the constant until proven otherwise. 

Murray will probably be even younger next year as they only have 4 juniors. Not 1 kid on Mayfield’s team can handle Jones. Just ask Biggers last night. And Malik looked lost on the other CB side. 

I see instant classics between these two the next several years. 

17 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Like I mentioned before, Cardinals are great at developing players. It’s the culture. No doubt about that. Josiah could be the next great RB there. #44 will be stout and a couple of Oline kids that are huge!  Mayfield is the constant until proven otherwise. 

Murray will probably be even younger next year as they only have 4 juniors. Not 1 kid on Mayfield’s team can handle Jones. Just ask Biggers last night. And Malik looked lost on the other CB side. 

It all depends on several factors, qb development and so forth. Murray beat the weakest Mayfield team in the last 12 years or so. I think Murray will be better in the next few years but I’m not sold on them beating Mayfield. They’ve only won 17 times in over a 100 tries. 

1 hour ago, FB Head said:

Jones caught like 4 passes on Biggers last night. One of them being a deflected ball that just happened to fall right in his hands. He did have the one big TD but the other 3 he had no yards after the catch. Yea I would say that’s the first time in Biggers career that he has had 4 passes completed on him in one game but you kinda act like Jeremiah dominated the game. He didn’t. I say that but also admit he is a great talent and a great kid.

The twin towers definitely did have a lot to do with keeping Murray in the game but honestly how many high school teams have two super athletic 6’5”+ kids at WR. Tough matchup for anyone. With that being said, Mayfields secondary definitely has to be on their A+ game next week to have a chance.

9 minutes ago, Astro Domino said:

Jones caught like 4 passes on Biggers last night. One of them being a deflected ball that just happened to fall right in his hands. He did have the one big TD but the other 3 he had no yards after the catch. Yea I would say that’s the first time in Biggers career that he has had 4 passes completed on him in one game but you kinda act like Jeremiah dominated the game. He didn’t. I say that but also admit he is a great talent and a great kid.

I guess I just let everyone talk because if I say anything I'm a secret Murray fan that just talks about Biggers....but thank you guys for saying what I was trying to say which is da truth..this kid is going to wreck Mayfield next year. He's already considered a 3 star on the verge of being a 4 star recruit which hmm has Mayfield ever had one in past 30 years will there be one on team next year...

1 hour ago, DaTruth said:

I guess I just let everyone talk because if I say anything I'm a secret Murray fan that just talks about Biggers....but thank you guys for saying what I was trying to say which is da truth..this kid is going to wreck Mayfield next year. He's already considered a 3 star on the verge of being a 4 star recruit which hmm has Mayfield ever had one in past 30 years will there be one on team next year...

Mayfield did have a 4 star recruit 20 years ago in Micah Jones. Mayfield produces VERY good high school football players. Even better high school football players than some of these other kids that go big time D1 but Mayfields best players almost always lack the size to be heavily recruited to the next level. It just is what it is. College teams are almost always going to choose the bigger kid and rely on their program to mold those kids for a couple years and hopefully boost their abilities to become what they see in their potential. It has always also seemed that Mayfield has lacked the support from the higher ups to get these kids chances at the next level. Mayfield kids are rarely marketed to college teams unless they do it on their own.

1 hour ago, Astro Domino said:

Mayfield did have a 4 star recruit 20 years ago in Micah Jones. Mayfield produces VERY good high school football players. Even better high school football players than some of these other kids that go big time D1 but Mayfields best players almost always lack the size to be heavily recruited to the next level. It just is what it is. College teams are almost always going to choose the bigger kid and rely on their program to mold those kids for a couple years and hopefully boost their abilities to become what they see in their potential. It has always also seemed that Mayfield has lacked the support from the higher ups to get these kids chances at the next level. Mayfield kids are rarely marketed to college teams unless they do it on their own.

I disagree. 
Mayfield sends players to college every year. They might be Murray or Lindsey Wilson or Kentucky Wesleyan or such. 
Starks will go somewhere this year , along with Biggers. Dabney had a chance too. To say that the coaches don’t help . I disagree, why would they not. 

19 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

It all depends on several factors, qb development and so forth. Murray beat the weakest Mayfield team in the last 12 years or so. I think Murray will be better in the next few years but I’m not sold on them beating Mayfield. They’ve only won 17 times in over a 100 tries. 

How was it that Murray beat the weakest Mayfield team in 12 years and Paducah Tilghman,  Graves County, McCracken  etc didn't that year? Everyone knows who the road goes through but Murray will be primed again to beat another weak Mayfield team and Paducah will beat them again next year as well...Mayfield always got excuses for when they do lose and refuse to give the opponent any credit ie BW in their last 2 wins over Mayfield. Da truth is this Murray coach is better then the previous 2 Murray coaches and this 9th grade class beat Mayield twice with Josiah when they all were 8th graders even with a girl starting at DB...very curious of the total yards for both team  as Mayfield was successful running but not passing against the so call weak Murray line that had Mayfields QB running for his life all night...yes the road does and always will  through Mayfield no one will ever deny that but these next few years will be very interesting...

Murray threw for 280 and rushed for like 130. Carman had 121 receiving and Jones had 105. Both teams punted 3 times. Murray had a few bad mistakes late in the fourth for it to get to a three score game. Murray does have a young undersized defense and I’m surprised a little bit that they made Mayfield punt 3 times in each of their games with the fire power and experience Mayfield has on O.

15 minutes ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Murray threw for 280 and rushed for like 130. Carman had 121 receiving and Jones had 105. Both teams punted 3 times. Murray had a few bad mistakes late in the fourth for it to get to a three score game. Murray does have a young undersized defense and I’m surprised a little bit that they made Mayfield punt 3 times in each of their games with the fire power and experience Mayfield has on O.

Mayfield also scored on a about a 35 yard run with 5 minutes left that was called back but would have made it 49-20. Murray came out and wanted it more for 3 quarters. But that’s why you play 4 quarters. The better team still won by 3 TDS and more than doubled up their opponent on the scoreboard.