28 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Who are the starting 5 this year?

My guess would be:

G - Hussey

G - McGillis

G - Harney (once football ends)

F - Bradshaw (once football ends)

C - Miller

Until football ends it will most likely be Wermuth for Harney and Stewart for Bradshaw

Hussey, McGillis, and Miller are locks….

1 hour ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My guess would be:

G - Hussey

G - McGillis

C - Miller

Until football ends it will most likely be Wermuth for Harney and Stewart for Bradshaw

Thanks. These three I was pretty sure of too.  Excited to see how this team gells together. 

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My guess would be:

G - Hussey

G - McGillis

C - Miller

Cash is forsure a lock! That sophomore class is loaded though….

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:34 PM, GoBucks97 said:

Cash is forsure a lock! That sophomore class is loaded though….

You could not be more right on that Sophomore class….gonna be crazy good over the next 3 years.

I was not slighting Harney and I know you are not saying I was as I have heard He is an insane talent, and I could even be understating His talent with that statement, but admittedly I have never seen Him play and I unfortunately know nothing about His game.  Can someone fill in the blank with a quick little blurb on just how insane He is…..I am really looking forward to seeing Him play because Harney is a ton of fun to watch on the football field.

3 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

You could not be more right on that Sophomore class….gonna be crazy good over the next 3 years.

I was not slighting Harney and I know you are not saying I was as I have heard He is an insane talent, and I could even be understating His talent with that statement, but admittedly I have never seen Him play and I unfortunately know nothing about His game.  Can someone fill in the blank with a quick little blurb on just how insane He is…..I am really looking forward to seeing Him play because Harney is a ton of fun to watch on the football field.

I have had the opportunity to watch Harney over the years and he is a smart player, athletic, experienced, and hustles his tail off on every play. He can get to the lane easy but will need to improve his finishing abilities and will over the next 3 years. He can hit the pull up 15 footer effectively but is not the shooter McGillis is but can hit the 3 if he's left open. He loves the drive and kick and his ability to get to the lane and kick to shooters will be huge this year with McGillis and Hussey on the wings. 

Lastly, because he is strong and athletic he can play strong full court defense and disrupt the best players on other teams. McGillis and Harney will be the best guard duo in the state beginning this year, and for the next three years. 

As for the starters, I'm not sure Bradshaw is a lock for starter. 7th or 8th man at best. When he starts to focus on playing defense and rebounding first and figures that's how he stays on the floor, he will be on the right track. I would say Stewart, Ruthsatz, or Noah Johnson has a better chance to start due to their ability to play defense, hustle, and rebound. The no. 5 starter will likely change a few times over the first quarter of the season is my guess. 

Early season prediction, Cov Cath will win the region and will compete for state this year hands down. 

5 minutes ago, Shotwhisperer75 said:

I have had the opportunity to watch Harney over the years and he is a smart player, athletic, experienced, and hustles his tail off on every play. He can get to the lane easy but will need to improve his finishing abilities and will over the next 3 years. He can hit the pull up 15 footer effectively but is not the shooter McGillis is but can hit the 3 if he's left open. He loves the drive and kick and his ability to get to the lane and kick to shooters will be huge this year with McGillis and Hussey on the wings. 

Lastly, because he is strong and athletic he can play strong full court defense and disrupt the best players on other teams. McGillis and Harney will be the best guard duo in the state beginning this year, and for the next three years. 

As for the starters, I'm not sure Bradshaw is a lock for starter. 7th or 8th man at best. When he starts to focus on playing defense and rebounding first and figures that's how he stays on the floor, he will be on the right track. I would say Stewart, Ruthsatz, or Noah Johnson has a better chance to start due to their ability to play defense, hustle, and rebound. The no. 5 starter will likely change a few times over the first quarter of the season is my guess. 

Early season prediction, Cov Cath will win the region and will compete for state this year hands down. 

‘ppreciate that big time.  That is a fantastic write up.  I do agree that McGillis and Harney have the chance to be something extremely rare and special over the next few year.  This year’s team will be extremely athletic and get up and down I believe quicker then last year’s squad.

I was leery about guessing Bradshaw as a starter, thinking His length could get Him in there because outside of Miller, we don’t have much length again.

Stewart and Johnson are such intriguing pieces…..if they both can take big next steps then we are going to be an even more dangerous team then we already are.

Are there any Freshmen that could get some meaningful Varsity time or start JV.  We always seem to have 1 or 2 every year, but have not heard of any.  With such an unreal loaded Sophomore class, might be difficult for a Freshman to break through….

On 11/5/2023 at 2:05 PM, Shotwhisperer75 said:

Definitely a great guard duo but I am not sure they are the best duo in the 9th region.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:19 PM, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

‘ppreciate that big time.  That is a fantastic write up.  I do agree that McGillis and Harney have the chance to be something extremely rare and special over the next few year.  This year’s team will be extremely athletic and get up and down I believe quicker then last year’s squad.

I was leery about guessing Bradshaw as a starter, thinking His length could get Him in there because outside of Miller, we don’t have much length again.

Stewart and Johnson are such intriguing pieces…..if they both can take big next steps then we are going to be an even more dangerous team then we already are.

Are there any Freshmen that could get some meaningful Varsity time or start JV.  We always seem to have 1 or 2 every year, but have not heard of any.  With such an unreal loaded Sophomore class, might be difficult for a Freshman to break through….

There is a younger Hussey that is a freshman. He was playing with the JV over the summer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Also people forget Harney and Kinney were the leading backcourt for their AAU team for 3+ years. Many head to head battles in practice I’m sure, it’ll be awesome to see it!

First game is against Simon Kenton can't wait to watch Krohman against Harney. Just like their dads played against each other.

Just now, Walter_White said:

What are the chances Harney is playing in that game?

My guess would be slim to none, especially if CCH Football makes it to the State Semi’s or the Championship game.  He most likely won’t hit the Hardwood until mid-late December.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My guess would be slim to none, especially if CCH Football makes it to the State Semi’s or the Championship game.  He most likely won’t hit the Hardwood until mid-late December.

Don’t think they should lose before the semis. I’d say the football guys play over Christmas break, many teams play opponents that don’t affect their goals. Would be a great time to incorporate them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At the scrimmage right now and it’s 27-24 Cov. Cath. at the half.  

Couple of quick notes:

- Athens will have games where he hits 8-10 3’s as he is lights out from deep.

- Caleb Miller can take over games.

- Athens is gonna be a problem on D.

- Our D is getting beat off the dribble way too much and we are struggling to defend the 3.

- Hussey is trying to do too much and needs to let the game come to him like the last 2 years.

- We are struggling to dribble drive or hit the short range jumper outside of Athens who is clearly our best player right now.

- We should be up by more as our normal intensity is not there.

I am beyond anxious to see what Cash can do once injected into this lineup.  He and Athens even as sophomores are going to be dangerous.

• Like 1