Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Casey County

Featured Replies

What does Casey County need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Any information on Casey County? I have a cousin there but he is not saying much.

Whos your cousin?

 

 

They have 25 players right now. They will be very green there is only 7 kids that played football last year on the team the rest are first year players.

Whos your cousin?

 

 

They have 25 players right now. They will be very green there is only 7 kids that played football last year on the team the rest are first year players.

 

 

Good luck to the Rebels but that is going to be a tough row to hoe! Hopefully, those 7 kids are super athletes/football players.

There working hard but the numbers problem will be tough with the lack of experience being a big factor...

There working hard but the numbers problem will be tough with the lack of experience being a big factor...

That's what my cousin said too. They have been working hard though. They have a scrimmage Friday night I believe.

Scrimmage is Saturday at 7pm.....

Good luck to Casey County this year, I thought that numbers would be higher than that but you take what you have. I've been looking forward to Somerset and Casey playing each other. My oldest son has played against the teams in the Casey Co. Youth League for a few years.

Good luck to Casey County this year, I thought that numbers would be higher than that but you take what you have. I've been looking forward to Somerset and Casey playing each other. My oldest son has played against the teams in the Casey Co. Youth League for a few years.

 

Casey has struggled with numbers for the last few seasons. We have a big 8th grade class hope that carries over. Were really having trouble getting Freshsman to come over from the 8th grade. They miss a year or two then decide to play. Makes things tough sometimes...

Casey has struggled with numbers for the last few seasons. We have a big 8th grade class hope that carries over. Were really having trouble getting Freshsman to come over from the 8th grade. They miss a year or two then decide to play. Makes things tough sometimes...

 

I have spoken with several people from Casey Co. about some of the problems that the program is having. I mainly here that the administration needs to get someone in there who doesn't play politics and favorites. Your big programs put the best players on the field, not according to who your dad is. The thing that I believe Casey needs most is to do a major upgrade on the athletic facilities. I know that the football field is very poor, with an upgrade is could spark more interest from others in the school. When the school starts showing interest then the kids will follow...imo.

I have spoken with several people from Casey Co. about some of the problems that the program is having. I mainly here that the administration needs to get someone in there who doesn't play politics and favorites. Your big programs put the best players on the field, not according to who your dad is. The thing that I believe Casey needs most is to do a major upgrade on the athletic facilities. I know that the football field is very poor, with an upgrade is could spark more interest from others in the school. When the school starts showing interest then the kids will follow...imo.

 

 

I can honestly tell you that Casey's coach plays the kids that deserve to be playing. Society is different then it even was 15 years ago. Kids would rather go home and play on the internet, play video games, text message and call on cell phones then work hard to become good football players. Many kids don't play as freshmen and sophomores because they don't think they will play varsity so they don't think it is worth it. It is not the right attitude to have, but it is there. It is all a part of our 'microwave society.' If I can't be a varsity starter 'right now' I don't want to play. That is the attitude of many kids.

 

The facilities at Casey are much better then they were 10 years ago. They finished their fieldhouse in 2001 or 2002. Have a new playing surface and weightroom. There have been some steps taken in that regard.

 

I can't wait to hear what CCRebel87 has to say........

I mainly here that the administration needs to get someone in there who doesn't play politics and favorites. Your big programs put the best players on the field, not according to who your dad is.

 

 

I have watched a lot of high school football and I have NEVER seen this happen. It is sour grapes by whoever is saying it.

 

Why would a coach not play the best player at every position? He is risking his job and reputation by not putting together the best team possible.

 

I seriously doubt that Coach Stephens isn't playing the best regardless of lineage.

I have watched a lot of high school football and I have NEVER seen this happen. It is sour grapes by whoever is saying it.

 

Absolutely agree. It usually starts as an excuse by someone who is embarrassed by a lack of playing time and then is picked up by others and spread about until it's belived by all and becomes a deterent to those who might have played.

Good luck to Casey County this year, I thought that numbers would be higher than that but you take what you have. I've been looking forward to Somerset and Casey playing each other. My oldest son has played against the teams in the Casey Co. Youth League for a few years.

 

I think this is why he is saying it. May be his son isn't playing "enough". :rolleyes:

I have watched a lot of high school football and I have NEVER seen this happen. It is sour grapes by whoever is saying it.

 

Why would a coach not play the best player at every position? He is risking his job and reputation by not putting together the best team possible.

 

I seriously doubt that Coach Stephens isn't playing the best regardless of lineage.

 

I'm sure that your right, but I was just repeating what I have heard from a few parents in Casey Co. This attitude may be from the youth league where one team was stacked with talent and lets say the other wasn't. But I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm sure its sour grapes.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.